Author Topic: Cold and Teething - Not drinking at night - Should I Dream feed?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline shilpa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Shreya 07/12/05, Misha 01/12/07

DD is nearly 8 months old. Shes got a rotten cold at the moment and her third tooth is coming through which seems to be more painful than the first two. Shes not drinking much in her bedtime feed - 2oz yesterday and only 1oz today. She didn't have much dinner today either so I was wondering whether I should try to dream feed or not? I did try yesterday (when she did have a good dinner) but she only took 0.5oz. Does it matter, especially when they are ill if they don't have their full milk quota - I know there will be days which are off but I just wondered whether dream feeding (after I dropped it a couple of months ago) was a good idea?

Thanks
Shilpa

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Cold and Teething - Not drinking at night - Should I Dream feed?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 19:37:48 pm »
I personally would introduce a DF, when Calum is his intake drops considerably and I have to offer him frequently throughout the day.

I would put it down to an off day.   What are you giving as a full milk quota?
Lauren x

Offline shilpa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Shreya 07/12/05, Misha 01/12/07
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 19:43:27 pm »
Her routine is:
Her routine has been the same for a while:
6.45am - wake up and 5oz bottle
8.15am breakfast (cereal, usually with 3oz of milk)
9.15/9.30am - nap - 1/1.5hours
11.00am wake
12.10pm  lunch (solids - 2 courses)
2/2.30pm nap - 1.5 hours
3.30/4pm - wake up and 6oz bottle (sometimes has 5oz)
5.30pm dinner (solids - 2 courses)
7.00pm bath
7.30 bottle - 8oz but shes only been having 4 recently. By the time she goes to bed, its 8pm.

So I try and give her 18oz in bottles, plus she has 3oz in her cereal and maybe a yoghurt as one of her dessert courses.

Should I do the dream feed at night (say 10pm), or just try again within the hour when I started to feed her (i.e. before the feed she didn't finish goes off?)

Thanks

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 19:47:42 pm »
I think I was giving DS 5 - 10 min breaks so his feeding was taking longer (instead of 15mins, he took 40mins with breaks) if he didn't finish the bottle I didn't worry.  I also gave him his sippy with water so he could drink when he needed throughout the day.

I would also be inclined (if you can) to move dinner to an earlier time so she is hungrier for her bedtime bottle.
Lauren x