Author Topic: Schedule help!!! Please respond before tomorrow...  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Schedule help!!! Please respond before tomorrow...
« on: August 01, 2006, 21:56:04 pm »
My 13 mo old lo has changed...again  ??? and I don't know what to do.  He was taking 2 naps and having 3 meals a day with snacks and having his bottles 3x8oz per day (my ped said too much milk for him anyways).  Now he is down to one nap and is waking later in the morning and I don't know how to fit it all in.  He doesn't seem to want as much milk (now I am lucky if I can get12-15 oz in him a day!!)
I have been trying to give lunch early b/c of putting him down for  a nap but he isn't as hungry.  What should I do???  Please help me refine his schedule.  This is how it looked before :

6am wake and bottle
730 breakfast
930 nap
1130-12 lunch
200 bottle
330 snack
530 supper
730 bottle and bed

Now for the last week it looks like this:

7-730 wake and breakfast
900 milk (5 oz)--he hates milk in his sippy i have tried several at different temps and he doesn't want it but will gladly take water
1130 lunch --I need to sit him in front  of Einstein to eat now (never was a struggle before)
230-3 milk 3-4 oz
530 supper
730 bottle (4-5oz) and bed

I know he isn't hungry at lunch.  Should I try bottle in am before breakfast and bottle before afternoon nap and nap when he wakes up?

Please help>

Sabine

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Schedule help!!! Please respond before tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 22:13:37 pm »
Thought i would share our routine to help you out as we are now down to 1 nap and she is very close in age to your DS.

7.30am - Breakfast cereal mixed with 4oz milk with 4ozs milk in a cup
9.30am - Snack stick of cheese and 4ozs milk in a cup
11.30am - Lunch which she always has a 120g tub of yoghurt after and water in a cup
12pm - Nap 2-2.5hrs
3pm - Snack Fruit stick or mini cheese bread stick, sultanas and water in a cup
5.30pm - Dinner and dessert(jelly/fruit and custard) 4oz milk in a cup
Bath
6.45pm - 5oz bottle (latley only drinking 4ozs)
7pm - Bedtime
7.30pm - Asleep

So in total she has in total about 20ozs milk a day including milk in her cereal and plenty of yoghurt,cheese and custard.
At this age the recommended amount is 16-24ozs including what they have in other dairy products.

So try and offer milk with breakfast and lunch to get a little more into him if you are worried and offer other dairy as well.
HTH

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 14:04:51 pm »
Hello ladies and thanks for the tips...looks like lo is back to 2 naps at the moment.
I will continue to play it by ear.  He eats so much better on this schedule.
I guess once he is down to one nap I will have to play with the routine a bit.

Thanks again,

sabine

andibig

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 14:14:26 pm »
hi sabine
just read this post. my dd is still on two naps a day (thank god)!! and she seems fine on her routine.i know a lot of LOs have cut down to one nap by this age but as it isn't affecting her night sleep nor is she fighting either naps i know shes not ready yet!!! she only has 2 btls a day (6oz in each) one in the morning b4 brekkie (cos she will not eat brekkie until after her btl ::)) and one before bedtime. the rest of her milk intake is made up of dairy products.
HTH

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 13:35:28 pm »
Sasha's mommy...what does Sasha's rtn look like?? How did you cut her 2nd bottle and what liquids does she get during the day?  Just curious?

Sabine

andibig

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 18:22:18 pm »
hi sabine
we recently cut out her bottle only a few weeks ago.sh used to have one at 1pm after kunch but it was starting to affect her dinner.we started giving a snack after her 1st nap to make her lunch later and offered yoghurt or fruit instead of her btl.we just dropped the btl completely and she hasn't missed it ;D ;D
her routine is generally

6.30 wake and bottle (6oz)
8.00 brekkie (just not interested b4)
9.30-10.30 nap (sometimes shorter)
11.00 snack and juice
12.15 lunch with juice
2.00-3.30-nap
4.00-juice/water
5.00-dinner

then from 6.15 onwards its bedtime routine and generally she has her bottle about 6.45 (6oz) and is asleep by 7 although can sometimes be a bit later.
shes been on this routine for some time and it works well for her.although shes not a great brekkie eater (never has been) she eats a good lunch and dinner so i think 2 out of three isn't bad!!
sometimes her morning nap can be less than an hour if she woke up later or if we are out and about.
i'm not sure how much liquid she takes during the day as we always make sure she has water available or juice that has been diluted.

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 19:00:20 pm »
I "think" that DS is down to 1 nap also (Hold On to TWO naps as long as possible....IMHO) ;)

Here is his current routine for about the past 2 weeks

6:30 AM   Wake
7:15 AM   Breakfast with Milk in a straw cup
9:30AM    Snack
11:30AM  Lunch with Milk in a straw cup
Noon       Nap for about 2-3 hours
3:30PM    Snack
6:00PM    Dinner with Milk in a Straw Cup
7:30PM    Book and Bath
8:00PM    Bottle and Bed till next morning

He gets only about 16 oz of Cow's Milk a day.  But eats a lot of cheese, yogurt to make up for it.

HTH!
Judy

andibig

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 19:06:18 pm »
TDR's mom
i'm hoping DD is going to keep to 2 naps until shes 18yrs old ;D ;D ;)

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 22:50:46 pm »
Quote (selected)
i'm hoping DD is going to keep to 2 naps until shes 18yrs old Grin Grin Wink

LOL.  I don't blame you.  I am hoping that this is just a phase and that ds will go back to 2 naps.  I was enjoying 4 hours of peace a day!!  Now it is 2 hours sometimes 3 if I am lucky.  I did not mind running errands and other activities between his AM and PM nap.  It was worth it.   :)

Judy

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 23:02:30 pm »
Stacy,

I see that Kaleb is just under 9 months.  It took me 9 months to get my lo to nap properly.  Before that it was cat naps, napping with me holding and rocking him for OVER AN HOUR (he is a big baby too!) :-\ :-\

From 10 months-13 months, I was fortunate enough to get 3-4 hours of naps a day.....I was in HEAVEN.  I was also CONSTANTLY on this site while he napped.  It was great.  Now you guys will see that I won't be logged on in the mornings, just the afternoons....unless he goes back to 2 naps a day.....FINGERS CROSSED... ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully,  you will get your 4 hours!!!!  You deserve it!!! :)
Judy

andibig

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 05:42:28 am »
just wanted to add stacey that it took us a while to fix DDs naps as she went through the dreaded 45 min nap time for a while.one day i had to put her down for 4 naps ;D.

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 17:06:23 pm »
Quote (selected)
Kaleb has FAR too much to do, to stop for more lol

LOL ;D ;D ;D

He might surprise you.  I found the more active DS was, the longer he slept.  Only problem is that he is going, going, going, his ENTIRE awake time.

Exhausting!!!

Judy

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 01:13:30 am »
thanks for the replies ladies...sasha's mommy i'll try to cut out his afternoon bottle...seems dinner isn't going over to well here these days either.

sabine

andibig

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 08:08:44 am »
i found it really helped giving Sasha a mid morning snack so i could give lunch later. that made it easier to drop the btl. i found for a few days she snacked over lunch until her appetite got used to not having the lunch time btl. she also drinks more water now. ;D. so it might take a few days to a week for him to adjust

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 11:09:35 am »
Just curious...does the snack not affect her eating her lunch??  My lo won't eat if he has a snack that close to lunch.  What sorts of snacks are you giving?

S

andibig

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 12:23:24 pm »
not now it doesn't!!! she generally has juice and a biscuit so its not a massive snack! i think it doesn't affect her lunch as she doesn't have a big breakfast (toast and fruit) and her appetite has now adjusted to the missing btl. generally for lunch she has pasta,yoghurt,fruit and a biscuit. her afternoon snack tends to be just juice. and she eats a big dinner (cous cous, custard, fruit and biscuit).
as you can see she loves her fruit but i don't give that as a snack as it fills her up too much ;D
shes never really taken a big breakfast even when weaning but tends too tank her self up towards the end of the day.

andibig

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 12:26:57 pm »
what is his routine now?