Author Topic: what do you do if it's teething???  (Read 618 times)

Offline Emma2884

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 02, 2006, 10:11:55 am »
I'm just wondering what do do?

My little boy is 7 months and I think he is pretty good as far as sleep training goes, or maybe he isn't and I am doing something wrong, maybe you can help?

As a rule he has 2 naps a day, 1.30/2 hrs morning and late afternoon, (he might nap in car/buggy if we are out. All I have to do at nap times is pop him in the cot with his blanket (got rid of his dummy about 2 months ago) he will chat to himself for a few mins then go to sleep. At bed time he has a feed right before bed (but doens't get fed to sleep) then goes down no problem, here is where the problem starts.....some nights he sleeps straight through or I hear him wake he will cry out for a second then he settles himself back to sleep so I know he can do it then other nights he seems to need me, he wakes and is awake for hours sometimes I think it is teeth but I am not 100% sure, what do I do??? I thought about doing pu/pd but this teaches them to self sooth right??? which I am sure he knows how to do??? I can't see the wood for the tress really and doen't know where to go with it, then he will just start sleeping through again and I don't do anything differently.

Sorry if this is a little muddled and I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Many thanks Emma & Henry x

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: what do you do if it's teething???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 21:42:48 pm »
if you think it might be teething, you can try some pain meds (ibuprofen, orajel, teething tablets... whatever you prefer) and see if that helps. 

you might not need to do pu/pd per say, but he may occasionally just need some reassurance from you.  may just need to hug him & put him down & walk back out.

does that make sense??  :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Emma2884

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 12:49:12 pm »
thanks for answering, I know don't think it is teeth, I gave him calpol ( ENglish) and it did nothing, I now think it is a bigger problem, I think it is just a bad habit now, I'll try just giving him a hug then leaving and see what happens.

thanks for answering x