Author Topic: No sleep in 7 months!!! Help please!!!  (Read 864 times)

Offline wiggleworm

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Our spirited Wiggleworm!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 02, 2006, 11:22:07 am »
HELP,   :'(
My husband and I have just come to realization that we will never get any sleep anymore!!!!
Our little girl is 7 months and two weeks old. She slept at one time from 3 months to 5 months through the night and then just stopped!!! She actually slept thought the night last week three consecutive days in a roll but the forth night she woke at 5:00am and the fifth night at 5:00am and then it went down hill again. No change in daily activities? My husband and I have so much have given up to the point where we have even put her into bed with us!!! We have tried everything and have no more energy and in order for me to function in the day I have to have some sleep!!!

7:00am 6ounces bottle, play
8:00am solid foods 3 table spoons of cereal and a jar of fruit
9:00am nap
10:30 wake
11:ooam bottle
12:00pm lunch,play
1:00pm nap
2:30pm wake
3:00pm bottle, and play
5:00pm cat nap (We tried to loose this nap but the nights even got worse?)
6:00pm dinner
7:00 bath
7:30-8:00pm sleep for night

Her naps are great and I really don't think we have become a prop? because sometimes she can sleep through the night? If you have any questions please help me in anyway this has just been going on so long?
Thank you so much!!!!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: No sleep in 7 months!!! Help please!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 11:51:08 am »
Hi there. I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time.

Looking over your routine I think I have spotted the problem. Your LO is having to much daytime sleep and is therefore not tired enough to sleep through the night. Also I highly recomend no more bringing her to bed with you, if it isn't a prop now, it wont take long to developinto one.

I suggest you make the morning and afternoon nap 1.5 hours long only and then keep your catnap, maybe move it to 4:30 instead though for better balance. Also make a steady bedtime and bedtime routine, this will give your LO the structure she needs and help you as well.

HTH
Kimberly

Offline wiggleworm

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Our spirited Wiggleworm!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: No sleep in 7 months!!! Help please!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 05:37:34 am »
I tried the less sleep suggestion and nothing has changed it maybe even be getting worse! Everynight she starts her wakings earlier!!!!
I need help so bad!! I'm wondering if the paci could be the problem? It seems like I have tried everything except that?