Author Topic: When is the optimal time (age) to start EASY?  (Read 947 times)

Offline trigirl

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
When is the optimal time (age) to start EASY?
« on: August 02, 2006, 18:49:13 pm »
I've read quite a few FAQ's and Stickies (as well as the books), and many have talked about starting at 3 months. I would like to start the new baby earlier, but realize that the first few days are really un-schedule-able. Any ideas? Thanks!

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Re: When is the optimal time (age) to start EASY?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 18:54:12 pm »
I would start EASY straight away but without the clock!  So you're just doing things in the right order of Eat, Activity, Sleep and learning her different cues and cries.  If she's crying and just eaten it's probably wind (or gas depending what country you're in!), if she's been awake a while she's probably tired, if she's just woken up she's probably hungry etc.  If you like you could keep a record of what she's doing but for now be led by her cues and not what time it is.  I think Zander started to follow what looked like a 2.5-3 hour EASY by about 5 weeks.

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 19:38:42 pm »
i totally agree with kelly, i started EASy since day one, but without the clock, i just kept to the order of things. And then at about 4WO my DS's eating habits became pretty regular so i started EASY following the clock on a 3hr routine more or less.

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 20:10:18 pm »
Goodness, I wish I had known abot BW when Owen was tiny!  I agree with the ladies - asap!  Lol

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline becky1969

• Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 21:58:36 pm »
Start right away! My LO really took to EASY right from day 1. I'm almost sure that because of EASY, we never had long awake periods at night: he was used to his daytime routine, and our nighttime feeds were different, and he went right back to sleep. When he got to be 3 months old we really started having regular naps at regular times, but before that it was all about keeping him on a regular routine, regardless of the time. It helps SO much, and helps mom feel like there's SOME order to her life!
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!