Author Topic: Sleep issues in general!!  (Read 864 times)

Offline Becky2

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 02, 2006, 20:30:06 pm »
We have been doing EASY from the beginning and have had great success for the most part but I do have a few questions....
I have a wonderful 6 month boy who has been sleeping through the night on and off for a couple of months. The last 2 weeks he has slept through and then two nights ago he woke up, not hungry and my husband sat with him and he went back to sleep (after an hour). Last night he did the same thing...I am worried that a habit is forming and I want to know what to do to stop it!
Also, he is  a 30 or 45minute napper...in the afternoon I can usually push him though but sometimes I end up with him finishing his nap on me ( I know, accidental parenting). Is there anything I should/can be doing to help this??? To boot it seems that when he isn't napping well, he doesn't eat that great either??
Stressed out! Help!
Here is his routine;
6:45 wake
7:00 Eat (breast 10 minutes, bottle 4oz)...just starting Rice Cereal
Activity
9:00 Nap (45 minutes)
11:00 Eat (breat 10 minutes, bottle 4oz)
Activity
1:00 Nap (depends...usually 45 minutes wakes and hopefully can be pushed through for a total of 1 1/2 -2hrs)
Activity
3:00 Eat (breast 10 minutes and bottle 4oz)
Activity
5:00 Nap (30 minutes)
Activity
6:30 Eat (same)
7:30 Bed
10:30 DF ???
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:04:36 am by Becky2 »

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Sleep issues in general!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 21:46:12 pm »
when he wakes at night, is he playing or crying?  if he's just playing, i'd say that you might be forming a bad habit.  honestly, i would just leave him be in his crib; he may just go back to sleep on his own.  if he's crying, pu/pd will probably work best.

this may be happening because of all the new stuff he's discovering - and wants to practice!  6 months is one of those developmental ages.   :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy