Author Topic: a tad confused  (Read 780 times)

Offline wingomiller

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 03, 2006, 03:58:33 am »
I'm new here, so pardon me if I inadvertently don't post this right.  I have a few questions.

I've been doing EASY with my son since he was about 3 weeks old.  I exclusively breastfeed as well.  Everything has been fine except that now that he's nearing 14 weeks old his routine seems like it should be changing but I'm somewhat leery of doing so.

First, I've been feeding him 8 times in 24 hours.  I've done this to keep my supply up because I started a period and became paranoid about my supply about 4 weeks ago (I'm not sure why I started in the first place, considering the frequent feeds, but that's another issue).  DS also only eats at each of these feeds for a few minutes at a time--say 10 minutes total, and he does not show signs of hunger.  I just feed him when he wakes up, whenever that is.  He also naps fairly short most of the time--often only 45 minutes, but it's not consistently short either.  Sometimes he naps for nearly 2 hours.  My problem is that he seems to consistently get tired after about an hour.  I actively work with him during activity time--tummy time, sitting, etc--so I know how I feel after a "workout."  I'm just not sure how to adjust to a 3.5 hour EASY, or even a 4 hour EASY, as long as he gets tired so quickly.  He ALWAYS goes down for a nap very easily--he's like his mom--we both like our sleep!  I also fear, again, a diminished milk supply if I only feed him 6 times a day (my NURSING MOTHER'S COMPANION book advises at least 7 feeds).  Just curious how best to handle a quick-to-tire 14 weeks old who in many ways seems ready to move on to a 4 hour EASY.  Any advice?

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: a tad confused
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 05:12:03 am »
winomiller wellcome to the boards.

there is a post here https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63161.0 that may be of some use to use.  The plan on the post has a 2 week transition plan, however stay at any of the interim routines for as long as your LO need to.

HTH's
Lauren x