Author Topic: toddler who doesn't eat home made food  (Read 1158 times)

Offline yda

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:45:52 am »
:(hi,
                                          i worried about my 2 year 1 month old son.he doesn't eat home made food.all he has is milk. he asks for it 4 times a day.i make a banana shake ,blend in half boiled egg,and some times blend in cooked rice and pulses.i add sugar and food suppliments to the drink. the kind of solid food he has is like chips, biscuts,nuts.i am worried about my sons diet. is it ok. we r rice eaters.
                                                  could soem one help me and give me ideas on makeing my son eat normal food.
                                                                                                                       regards
                                                                                                                               yda                   

Offline xxkaty23xx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 97
  • My gorgeous little Aiden!
    • Facebook
Re: toddler who doesn't eat home made food
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 12:29:47 pm »
i had this problem when my son was 18mo but i found he would eat a meal if me and his dad ate the same thing at the same time, all sat at the table together, now he wont eat and neither will my 13mo unless we are all sitting diown together eating the same things. Maybe you should let him see you eat the same as him and exaggerate that this makes him really clever and a big boy, it always works with mine.

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 17:11:52 pm »
I've used that trick of eating in front of DD. That girl always wants a nibble of whatever we're eating, even though she has just eaten and is full.  ::)   Somehow the food is more interesting when they see us eating it. Sometimes food is more interesting when it's not fed in the usual place (highchair for us).

Ok, the exception would be pickles. She doesn't like the taste of dill pickles, it was rather amusing. She'd see me eat a piece. Then I'd ask if she wants some. She says yes in her affirmative "grunt". So I give her a small piece, and oh the expression on her face! It's too funny. The she decides she doesn't want any more pickle. Guess she's not like me. I can eat 2 or 3 pickles straiight out of the jar.

Marie

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 15:18:48 pm »
Great advice from the pp's! i also found that my DD would eat more variety of food if it was on 'mummys' plate and i was sitting with her at the table, so thats what i used to do and eventually i started putting some on her own plate and she started eating it!

HTH  :) :) :)
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 15:53:56 pm »
DD loves nibbling off my plate.  Yesterday I gave her peanut butter on toast in her own bowl. Then I had my own in my hand. Somehow MY pb on toast became moer interesting than hers, even though I tried to tell her that it was the same thing in her bowl.  ::)

Marie