Author Topic: Is cheese bad for dinner time as in hard to digest?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Is cheese bad for dinner time as in hard to digest?
« on: August 09, 2006, 20:01:30 pm »
Dd is an incredibly fussy eater and we have past with 5 versions the favourite being cheese, she often requests it for dinner, which is about 6pm with bed at 7.25 and it can take her 40 mins to eat at least, not because she is not hungry but she is slow and has dinner then yogurt then something to nibble on. Dh has said that cheese is very heavy and hard to digest and better for lunch, great but she cant just have pasta and ham today and pasta and turkey tomorrow, the other options are salami, try to limit it for salt content and tuna,but she is not crazy about it and will only eat a little, Cheese on the other hand goes down so easily and she will often ask for slices of it after dinner. I know it's healthy and I am delighted she is eating it , but should I limit it in the pm? It's only white cheddar.
Fiona

Offline mcruari

• Showing Appreciation 361
  • Turin, Italy (but Irish at heart)
Re: Is cheese bad for dinner time as in hard to digest?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:44:16 am »
I'd say just as long as it's not gorgonzola or brie you're doing fine ;) These Italian men learn such strange things from their mothers ::)
Granted cheese, meat and fried foods are not the easiest to digest at the best of times, but I'm sure she is not eating tons of the stuff. If you can get Parmesan, that is very easy to digest due to the maturing process, so I believe :-*
Sinéad

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 18:42:05 pm »
Hi Sinead,
Thanks for that, you're right it's not huge amounts, L will eat a tiny bit of parmesan every now and then,  she calls it "Daddy's cheese"   ::) and I got her to eat the tiniest tiniest bit of pecerino the other day, only cos she was starving.
Fiona

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 20:33:12 pm »
Zander often has a few chunks of cheese after his dinner too.  Isn't the old wives tale that cheese makes you dream?  (or have I made that up?!)

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 20:39:16 pm »
No Kelly, the oldwives tale is that it gives you nightmares and I was starting to wonder. DD played hell last week going to bed and had cheese in the evening, then dh went on a 4 day business trip and she had cheese in the evening and didn't play up, was an angel in fact. Looks like dh is her nightmare  ;D

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 08:23:28 am »
Looks like dh is her nightmare  ;D

LOL  ;D
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)