Author Topic: Won't eat any fruit finger foods  (Read 919 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Won't eat any fruit finger foods
« on: August 04, 2006, 02:45:50 am »
OK, I know I have a picky eater, but I just don't know why she'll eat some foods in a jar, but not if I cut them up.  Example, she'll let me mix pureed bananas in her oatmeal, but when I cut up any type of fruit and give her pieces she will refuse it.  She won't eat bread, crackers, tortillas, etc.  She used to love toast, and graham crackers.  Now she won't touch them.  She used to love cheese, and now she'll only eat it if I melt it on something.  She eats meats, eggs, broccoli, pasta (but not tomato sauce) and jarred fruits and veggies.  I don't know if I should just simply keep cutting up fruits and veggies and sticking them on her plate even if she doesn't eat them.  She has only two teeth (the bottom two).  But I figure if I cook the veggies soft, and she can eat meat, than chewing isn't the problem.  Any advice?

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: Won't eat any fruit finger foods
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 03:07:39 am »
I am not an expert but I would keep offering some finger foods.  Also could she be teething?

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: Won't eat any fruit finger foods
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 03:10:10 am »
i would keep putting them on her plate, dd1 is the same, i cut cheese up into pieces like matches, works most time she even asks for me, it also depends on the type of cheese, have you tried letting her dip into dips, hummus is good, dd love caviar, have you tried dd on cucumber, my dd is wild about it, another fav is avocado, i always try to make sure dd has something on her plate that she like and something that she won't eat, sometimes she really surprises me