Author Topic: update on 27 months old going to sleep  (Read 803 times)

Offline candle246

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 04, 2006, 12:04:01 pm »
I don't know if you remember by post but, the last few days have been wonderful!  She's been going to bed at 8:00 by herself, well i tuck her in, and falls asleep within 15 min.  She has never slept through the enitre night but is starting to.  Instead of waking several times now she's waking just one time.  It's around 3 or 4, it varies, and i thought about wake to sleep.  But the last time i did that it made things worse, although she was a little younger then, but I also don't know how to do it because it isn't consistent.

When I go in to her at that time she does lay back down and falls asleep.  It does take her some time though.  I've been sitting on the bed next to her.  Is that ok?  I mean I've been working all the time to not be in the room but didn't know how to handle the middle of the night.

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: update on 27 months old going to sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 17:34:37 pm »
If the waking at night is not consistent, then w2s wouldn't be your best option. It sounds to me you're handling it perfect by staying at her side to comfort her. Don't worry it's not the same as going down and as long as it doesn't take more than 20 mins, i think the wakings tend to fade in time. Keep up the good job and MANY CONGRATULATIONS on your good news! I hope many moms around can benefit from that.
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake