Author Topic: ugggggh! won't go to sleep!  (Read 822 times)

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 04, 2006, 23:39:24 pm »
I've posted about this problem once before when it wasn't such a consistent and bad problem.  DD is 5 mos old and has been sleeping thru the night for awhile but when she first goes down at night she is screeeeeeaming for at the least the first hour she goes down.  Not straight thru, we give her 5 min, go up...5 more and so on.  it seems to be getting worse and worse.  I'm not sure why and i don't want to be ignoring something bigger like an ear infection or something.  She has been going to bed at 6:30 for awhile, i'm thinking maybe she's ready for a later bedtime???  but we've tried 6:45, 7 even 7:20 one night...same thing :P  We used to be able to go up and give her the binky to resettle her but she's a full blown thumb sucker now so it doesn't work magic like it used to.  she also is well aware of our presence now and wants to touch our hands etc...no matter when she goes down or how many times we go up she seems to eventually fall asleep at about an hour after she's goes down.   but like i said we've tried later times.  We also give a bottle right before bed in her rocking chair...maybe we need to change our nighttime ritual?  more relaxing time perhaps????????  She's a great sleeper at night besides this and her screams are blood curdling!!!!!!!!!!  i don't want to accidental parent right into "i scream, mommy and daddy come up"  but i don't want to let her cry it out either :-\  any ideas???? or similar experiences?  thanks  :)

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: ugggggh! won't go to sleep!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 04:04:47 am »
Hi there, can you post your routine for us please?  Include all of your props, and how your wind down routine go.

Thanks
Zoe

...its what you do when you get back up.