Author Topic: Awake Time Regression?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
Awake Time Regression?
« on: August 05, 2006, 16:54:53 pm »
Hello!  My 5 1/2 month old DS is on a 4 hour EASY.  We had gotten to 2 hours awake time (1 3/4 first thing in the morning but he made up for it later in the day with 2 1/4).  This week though, he doesn't want to wait the full 2 hours...he gets fussy at about 1 1/2 hours and is almost overtired by the 2 hour mark.  Is this a common occurrence?  I'm not sure if it is related to a growth spurt or not as I don't see too much change in what he's eating.

Other info: 
BF with 1 tablespoon of fruit/veggies a day
Started rolling a lot recently

Any thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Awake Time Regression?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 16:59:48 pm »
I thoughts are that it is due to developmental issues i.e. his rolling.

I am having the same sort of thing at the moment with Calum, he is now recently commando crawling all over the place and walking with us holding his hands. As a result, he is tired quicker with all this added activity - for him it only seems sort term regression until his body gets used to the extra activity.
HTH's
Lauren x

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 17:04:08 pm »
Thanks!  I hope that's it.  He has generally not been a fussy baby but it this week he has been fussing more than not.  He must be just tired.  Hopefully as he masters the rolling it'll be better (then it will be crawling...pulling up...walking...LOL!)

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 17:06:25 pm »
I completely agree with Lauren.  New physical developments often make lo's much more tired.  I will add, though, that my dd's growth spurts usually consisted of more sleep, and rarely more food intake.  So, he may be on the cusp of a growth spurt as well as the extra physical activity.  It should pass soon, and he'll be back on track of increasing his A time.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007