Author Topic: Tip for anyone battling habitual 3hr waking  (Read 870 times)

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Tip for anyone battling habitual 3hr waking
« on: August 07, 2006, 10:59:18 am »
Ds is now nearly 7 weeks.  First problem we had was getting df into him though with persistance he will now take a few ounces.  I was beginning to get concerned as he always woke 3hrs after df he would take a good feed at say 2am then try do a longer stretch now obviously many babies try dropping the 2 am feed not the 5am feed.  The othe night when he woke again dead on 3 hrs i new there was no way he could be hungry as he had really large feed before bed and took the whole df so i offered dummy which soothed him so went back to bed he shouted again after a few mins so offered dummy whilst i went to make bottle.  When i got back he had fall asleep so i left him he then slept for nearly 2 more hours before waking for a feed so last night i was prepared to just offer the dummy again to see what happened but guess what he didn't wake till 4am for the first time ever i think we broke the habit.
Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
Re: Tip for anyone battling habitual 3hr waking
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 18:55:24 pm »
hey fenella
funny that as thats exactly what i did and it really does work, although wish i had done it earlier thatn 6 months ;D
Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 20:21:04 pm »
couldn't believe my luck.  I'm now crossing everything and hoping tonight will be the same.  It just shows you how important it is to read your baby.  i knew he was waking from habit not hunger even though it was quite possible that at his age he was hungry.  Thank goodness for the dummy don't know how i would live without it.  DS #1 never had 1 no wonder the first 6 weeks were so difficult. ;D
Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 20:27:39 pm »
my ds never had 1 till that great night 6 3 weeks ago i have been trying to give him it since birth but he would never take it, funny really i just caught sight of it on his draws and thought here have this coudnt believe it when i went back in and he was asleep ;D
he is still waking sometimes at about 5.30am but the dummy works!
Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 07:27:26 am »
Well last night he woke just over 3 hrs after df didn't think he could be hungry but dummy wasn't working so must have been so i fed him.  woke again 3 hrs later gave dummy straight back off for another couple of hours. 
Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06