Author Topic: Very active early morning sleep  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Metstark

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Very active early morning sleep
« on: August 07, 2006, 12:35:48 pm »
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else's babies have very active sleep in the early morning from around 2:30 am until wake time at 7:30 am? My ds will sleep soundly from 8 pm (with a bottle at around 1 am) and then around 2:30 he will start flinging his arms and legs (while still asleep) intermittently for the rest of the night every hour (approximately) or so for a couple minutes. I keep thinking he is awake but he will go back to sleep after a few minutes. I have picked him up a few times thinking he would be awake and then he would go right back to sleep. He just turned 4 mths old and is on a 4 hour easy. He sleeps in our room. He is happy in the morning, so it must not be affecting his sleep. I have tried not giving him the 1 am bottle (I am not even sure he should still be having this because he doesn't seem to really need it, but that is another post), and just changed him and put him back to bed, but he still does it. I just think it is so weird, but maybe that is just how babies sleep. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks :)

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Re: Very active early morning sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:45:18 pm »
Hi there

I think she sounds like a fab sleeper and it's great that all that activity doesn't wake her fully!  I suspect if somebody was watching you sleep all night they would tell you that you move all over the place too.  Zander isn't in with us so I don't know but he moves all over his cot, turning upside down and sideways!

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline lisi's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 155
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 13:09:28 pm »
You're really lucky!!! ;D ;D

the sleep in the first half of the night is usually the deeper sleep, so it's not unusual that ds is more restless in the second half. Dd sleeps in our room too, it's only happened recently that she hasn't woken herself (or us) at some ungodly hour. I like having her in her room, but it does mean that the parent's sleep gets disturbed when it needen't. You just can't help but hear every little thing.

I find it really hard not rushing in and disturbing dd more than is necessary, does he need a new nappy when you change him? A bit wet is ok, if he's leaking or has done a poo then I'd change him, but if not I'd leave it until the morning. 4 months is kind of early to drop the 1 am bottle, but you know your baby better than I do ;).

Sounds like you and ds are doing great though.
Katie

Offline Metstark

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 16:39:26 pm »
Hi, Thanks for replying. I am glad ds is not the only baby being so active in his sleep! I guess I should be happy that it is only keeping me awake and not him!  :)