Author Topic: 4 month old was sleeping through night, What happened?  (Read 805 times)

Offline motherof3

• Andrea, Paul, Jackie, Payton and Abby
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
4 month old was sleeping through night, What happened?
« on: August 07, 2006, 13:51:59 pm »
My dd will be 4 months on the 10th.  She started sleeping through the night about 2 weeks ago.  She went through a good stretch.  But now has been getting me up the last 4 nights.  She has reflux but this is under control with meds (Prevacid) and she has been doing wonderfully.  She did start taking Lactulose for constipation from the Prevacid and this has been helping.  She takes it in her mid morning and dinner bottle.  When she wakes up she doesn't seem to be in any pain and the one night I was so tired that I ignored her and she fell back to sleep.  One of the problems is that she can roll over.  So she rolls to her back and then can't get back on her stomach and gets upset.  She sleeps on her stomach.  I don't know if she is going through a growth spurt or not.  She doesn't seem to be eating more.  Here is her schedule...

Awake:  7am-takes meds.
Eats:  7:30am (5.5 oz.)
Activity: 8am
Sleep: 8:30 am (1.5-2hrs.)

Eat: 10:30am (5.5oz.)
Activity: 11:00
Sleep: 12:00pm (1.5 hrs.)

Eat: 1:30pm (5.5oz.)
Activity: 2pm
Sleep: 3pm (1.5hrs.)

Eat: 4:30pm (5.5oz.)
Activity: 5pm
Sleep: 6pm (45mins)

6:45pm- wakes up plays or takes bath
7pm.- takes meds.
7:30-8:00pm- eats and goes to bed

She has started waking up b/w 3:30-4:30 am. the last 5 nights  ???  I don't dream feed b/c it wakes her up and is more of a disturbance.  She is still on a 3 hr. EASY b/c she can't stay up for more then 1.5-1.75 hours.  Goes for a nap w/o a problem, she is a thumb sucker so this soothes her.  She can fall asleep by hershelf. 

Has anyone else had problems like this?  I always feed her when she wakes at night.  She takes a full 5.5 oz. bottle. Should I try not feeding her, this will probably make her mad.  Should I try feeding her less?  Any advice would be appreciated!!!  Thanks ;D
Jackie 3/10/01
Payton 9/23/03

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: 4 month old was sleeping through night, What happened?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 22:06:51 pm »
hi,

i think it could be one of 2 things:

1)  she's waking out of hunger.  this is probably it, since she's taking a full feed.  it's likely still happening because of the reflux; she still can't quite get all her calories in during the day yet.  as you can increase her bottles during the day, you can decrease the food at night

2)  this is the 4-month crazies.  also a possibility, since she will hit many physical & mental milestones right about now.  in that case, you ride it out using whatever soothing method works for you (pat/shh, pu/pd, etc.)

HTH a little :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy