Author Topic: Bedtime too late for 10 week old  (Read 839 times)

Offline honeybasil

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 07, 2006, 15:43:17 pm »
I'm having terrible issues with my 10 week old.  I think he gets extremely overtired extremely fast and that's why I have such a difficult time putting him to sleep.  It's hard to keep track of when he's going to get overtired because I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old, so it's just tough to be right there looking at the clock all the time.  He's currently awake A LOT in the afternoon/late afternoon.  Usually, after 3-4 p.m. there's no more sleeping for him.  I'm wondering if I should push his bedtime back from 8:30/9 to 7/7:30.  I'm so hesitant to do a DF, though, because he's super difficult to get back to sleep after nighttime feedings.  Last night, he finally slept in the bed with me from 11:30-1 when I attempted to move him to his carseat (where he sleeps), and then he was up from 2-3, then slept again until 6, ate and slept until 9 in his swing.  It was terrible!!  I am just wondering if he was just way overtired and that's why he had such a difficult time.

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Bedtime too late for 10 week old
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 16:09:41 pm »
I think it would be a great benefit to put your LO to bed for 7/7:30 and try and introduce a dreamfeed - it doesn't work for all LO but try it for a week or so,
You will probably find that his reluctance to go to sleep later is due to over tiredness, it is not so much a case of looking at a clock but looking at your LO to see when he goes from tired to overtired and acting before that happens.
Here is cluster anbd dreamfeed info for you https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=54662.0

Lauren
Lauren x