Author Topic: Pushing back nap time...question re. bedtime  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Pushing back nap time...question re. bedtime
« on: August 08, 2006, 19:11:35 pm »
Carmela is starting preschool in September two days a week.  It's going to be from 9-12 on Tuesday and Thursday.  Right now she naps from 12-1:30ish ... she goes to bed at 7:30.  I am trying to push back her nap to 1:00 so she can have lunch after preschool and then go nap.  She'll nap from 1-2:30 or 3.  Should I push back her bedtime to 8:00 with the change???????

Offline Florencia

• Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: Pushing back nap time...question re. bedtime
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 17:46:45 pm »
Well... it's a tricky one considering Carmela's touchyness about schedules. i'd say to play it by ear, that is, make her bedtime when she seems tired. If it's at usual bedtime, then go with it. If it's at 8, then switch her bedtime. Also, as i know you've been struggling with her about naps lately, how would you feel about only tweaking the schedules on days she goes to preschool? Since it's only 2 days a week and she seems to finally have settled with her current routine, why not tweak this one as less as possible? just a thought, of course you know her better and will decide in terms of what's best for the whole household. Anyways, we'll be here for you!
Good luck and congrats on carmela being such a big girl!  ;D
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
Re: Pushing back nap time...question re. bedtime
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 20:05:53 pm »

That's exacly what Im going to do.  Keep her nap at noon and on the days she has school push it back until I see she can handle the later nap time.

Right now, she's so much calmer about our routine and not fighting me as much.  Plus I've managed to get Joey into a long  nap at the same time....sooo for now this is the way it will be :)