Author Topic: Eating when teething  (Read 1152 times)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Eating when teething
« on: August 09, 2006, 08:45:14 am »
My DD is generally a great eater and always has been. We just got her to the stage where she was eating chunky food not mashed and she started teething again  >:( For the past week she has been very fussy and unsettled with teething (the worst yet) and has gone back to only wanting mushy food (sometimes not wanting to eat much at all). I am worried that if i keep giving her this she will not want eat chunky food anymore. Am i just being silly or will this settle down once her teeth do. I just fee like we have taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
Re: Eating when teething
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 16:56:18 pm »
DD has always eaten differently while she was teething, and then went back to her "normal" schedule after the teething passed. I'm willing to bet that it's just a temporary thing with DD, and she'll go back to chunky after her teething passes.

Marie

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 16:57:53 pm »
Zander's eating badly for the first time ever and it's coincided with 4 or 5 teeth coming through at the same time.  He's more likely to eat if I just put it in front of him and let him dig in with his hands as if I offer the spoon he just shakes his head and clamps his mouth shut (and this boy loves his food!).

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 18:00:53 pm »
Marisa is always a picky eater and has texture issues but gets even worse whenever she's teething - like now!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01