Author Topic: Cluster and dream feed question  (Read 834 times)

Offline Mamalou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
« on: August 09, 2006, 22:02:36 pm »
hi, not sure where this goes.

If you are cluster feeding at 7 and 9 does that mean you wake the baby to eat at 9 or do you do it like a dream feed?

Also, the past 2 nights my lo has woken at 9:30 or 10.  His DF is usually at 11.  Do I treat that as a DF or try and give it to him at 11 or 11:30?--Trying to change to 4 hour EASY this week, so am afraid because he's not eating as much as 3 hour EASY

Hope someone can help
Thank you

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Cluster and dream feed question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 06:19:34 am »
Mamalou
I am a lit short on time at the moment;-

here is a great link for you to explain both https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=54662.0
Lauren x

Offline Mamalou

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 20:33:26 pm »
Thank you
I've read them, but don't think they have answers to my questions.  Anyone else ?

Actually, today I just decided to do as I've done before and instead of 7 and 9 cluster feeding, I feed directly after the catnap (before bath) and then top off after the bath before bed.  It's usually an hour difference, if that.  But, he usually takes a good 10 minutes after the bath.  i hope this is not feeding him to sleep. ??

Yesterday I didn't feed him directly after the catnap and just went right to the bath and then fed afterwards.  He was quite fussy for bath and afterwards, which is unusual for him, he LOVES bathtime :)  even on the grumpiest of days.  He then woke at 9:45 (after going to bed at 7:30) so I was worried he's not getting as much on this transition to 4 hour EASY.  The night is not over, but he's sleeping now and it's 10:40 so I'm going to do the regular dream feed tonight at 11.