Author Topic: when do you start EASY for the day?  (Read 1113 times)

Offline CJF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
when do you start EASY for the day?
« on: August 10, 2006, 13:59:48 pm »
hi
 i was wondering when to start EASY for the day?  for example today my little guy woke up to eat about 4:30 am, went back to sleep and woke again to eat around 6:30 (he usually goes a longer than that, but today he didn't).  after he ate he went back to sleep 'til about 8:00 which when he woke he's not hungry to eat so we played, but he will be tired in an hour and then want to eat soon too.  if i feed him before he sleeps then he will just snack and then be hugry a short time into his nap and then the vicious cycle starts. how do you start easy when his wake up times don't coincide with eating times and nap?  how do you get it all in synch?
thanks for you help
Carolyn
Mommy to :
Emily 4/14/04
Joey 4/20/06

Offline Jean and Rich

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 14:22:56 pm »
Hi

I start our day at 7am.  My LO is normally awake by 6.30 but I will either leave her to play in cot (which she is happy to do) or get her up but feed her at 7am.  We are on the 4 hr EASY, but even when we were on 3 hr I still started the day at 7am.

How old is LO? What is your LO feeding routine? and how long can he take for A time?

Offline CJF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: when do you start EASY for the day?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 15:56:44 pm »
he is 3 1/2 months old and can go about 4 hours between feeds (this is new).  he can go about an hour and half when well rested, but he takes dinky little captnaps so his activity time is a lot shorter these days.  he only naps about 20-40 minutes.  he wakes on his own as well as my toddler waking him up too >:(.  we are working on that.
he loves to sleep in in the morning.  do you think i should just wake him>  what if he eats at 5 or 6 and goes back to sleep?
thanks
Carolyn
Mommy to :
Emily 4/14/04
Joey 4/20/06

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: when do you start EASY for the day?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 16:27:54 pm »
do you think i should just wake him>  what if he eats at 5 or 6 and goes back to sleep?
thanks

Yes, normally you would wake your Lo and treat any feeds prior to this as a night feed. Feed AGAIN at 7am either a top up or a full feed, then again at the next 'E' time.
Lauren x