Author Topic: Where/How I start EASY  (Read 782 times)

Offline DinaW

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Little bundle of joy
Where/How I start EASY
« on: August 11, 2006, 09:03:00 am »
Hi I'm a new to this forum and I'm a new mum to 3 month (already) baby Alexander. Up to now our life was pretty eratic. Being fairly organised person myself I thought it would be a good idea to introduce rutine to my ds. But the question is where I start. It sound great and easy indeed. My problem is he wouldn't sleep during daytime. Confess in my sins, I did put him on breast to have at  least 30 min nap. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For a couple of days now I try to put him to sleep on his own. I followed 5S rutine. Full swaddling doesn't work, he start crying if his hands are restrain, so I swaddle only low part of his body. When I take him on my arms to sit with him he would start crying and 9 times out of 10 he will cry himself out to sleep. I hate it. The whole idea of EASY as I understood to make sleeping painless both for a baby and parents. And after all this battle he would sleep 30-40 min. Then another question - should I feed him after even a short nap or should I follow time between feeds?
With all daytime strugle he is more or less fine during the night. Go to bed between 8 and 9pm. On the breast at the moment. Then ask to feed around 3 am and 6 am and fully awake at 8 am.

Thank you very much for any of your advices.
Dina

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Where/How I start EASY
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 09:13:49 am »
Hi Dina

Welcome to the Baby Whisperer boards - to answer you first question here is a link to the EASY frequently asked questions inc.
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?board=82.0
What is EASY?/ The benefits of using EASY
***HOW TO START YOUR BABY ON EASY***
The BW "Know Your Baby Quiz" & Download Logs

When I take him on my arms to sit with him he would start crying and 9 times out of 10 he will cry himself out to sleep. I hate it.

Dina - are you letting your LO cry it out, in order for him to get to sleep? The only cry I ever leave Calum is a MANTRA cry; https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=64160.0

Then another question - should I feed him after even a short nap or should I follow time between feeds?
With all daytime strugle he is more or less fine during the night. Go to bed between 8 and 9pm. On the breast at the moment. Then ask to feed around 3 am and 6 am and fully awake at 8 am.

I would feed every 3hrs only unless you know he is going through a growth spurt. Here are the breastfeeding FAQ's https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?board=83.0

If you are having ongoing problems with naps then I would suggest you check out the sleep boards, again there are excellent FAQ boards there.

Hope this helps and give us a shout if you have any more questions.  ;)

lauren
Lauren x