Author Topic: Need Help with EASY Transition  (Read 797 times)

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Need Help with EASY Transition
« on: August 11, 2006, 13:12:43 pm »
Ok, My dd is 17 weeks old.  She usually can only stay awake 1.5 hrs or so give or take a few minutes.  Well, yesterday all on her own she stayed awake 2 hours and then slept for about 2 hours (I had to put her back to sleep a few times).  I watched her cues and she pretty much stayed on a 4 hour EASY the rest of the day.  The only problem I have is that she has horrible nap problems and I am afraid she won't make the 2 hour mark, which would then throw off everything.  For her second 2 hour nap yesterday I had to put her in the swing, because she woke after 30 minutes and then every 10 minutes there after (we have had nap problems for 2 months now....nothing works, w2s, etc.).  What should I do?  Should I keep her on a three hour EASY and only give her 1 hour naps (I would think that would make her extra tired the rest of the day).  Any suggestions?

Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Need Help with EASY Transition
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 21:27:05 pm »
Have you tried extending her naps with Shh/Patt or Wake to sleep?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Re: Need Help with EASY Transition
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 21:32:10 pm »
Today she actually did really well and has pretty much stuck to a 4 hour EASY.  For her second nap, I did w2s (which 99% of the time doesn't work) and she slept for 1 hour 45 minutes  :o.  It was wonderful.  I was hoping for 2 hours, but I can't complain.  I will keep doing w2s and see if that works.  I think her little body is just going to take a few days to adjust to this new schedule, since she changed cold turkey all by herself. I guess she knows what she wants  ;).

Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/