Author Topic: starting EASY with 4 mo got some questions  (Read 731 times)

Offline kobemom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
starting EASY with 4 mo got some questions
« on: August 13, 2006, 02:37:28 am »
Hi there!

The Bab whispere was recently recomended to us and after reading it both my husband and I think it is a great method!  We are only on day 4 of the EASY (from page 230 of BWSAYP) with our 4mo little girl but I have some questions!

First here is a little info about her:  She is breastfed and only takes a max of 10 mins to eat ( not worried as she is gaining weight and wetting nappies well!)  She is currently eating every 3 hours although I see by her age we should be thinking more of the 4/4!  She previously only took catnaps all day in her bouncer (accidental parenting!).  She is a go getter and when awake is constantly active trying to crawl and grabbing everything she can! She usually sleeps very well at night only waking once in a 10 hour period.  I used to feed her when she woke in the night but now I am helping her put herself back to sleep which usually works within 10 mins!  Her bedtime is between 7 and 8 - usually 7.30pm.

So far she is taking to the EASY very well, especially to the napping part.  On day one she cried for a while but when she calmed down she slept very well and each day since the crying has lessened and falling asleep seems to have become easier and easier - like she knows what is coming and likes it:)  However, both my husband and I have noticed that her personality has changed and she no longer is the smiling, happy laughing baby we knew but rather a very serious almost grumpy little girl! We are worried about this - is she perhaps sleeping too long?  She can only stay awake an hour after waking each time as she starts to cry and show us all the overtired signals.  When she is napping we have had to wake her after 1 1/2 hours as she doesn't wake herself - is this ok or should we leave her longer?

We are currently using the 3 hour EASY and are unsure if this is the right one for her!

HELP!  We really want this to work and feel it will but we are also unsure of ourselves and what we are doing and wonder if we are being good parents!

Thanks and I have to say what a great website this is - so extensive!

Offline thitz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
Re: starting EASY with 4 mo got some questions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 23:50:29 pm »
My first thought is teeth.  Have a good look in her mouth.  My dd had her eye teeth pop thru the sides at 4 months.

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: starting EASY with 4 mo got some questions
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 00:23:11 am »
Can you give a comparison of what her days used to look like as to what they do now that you've started EASY?  It seems that if you are having to wake her for her naps, that she might be able to stretch to 3.5 or 4 hrs between feeds.  However, Tracy generally recommended no more than 2 hrs at a time for naps or it could start to rob the night sleep.  How long did she nap previous to BW?  Just b/c she is 4 months doesn't necessarily mean you have to go to a 4 hr feed routine.  That is a general guideline, so what you could do is see how long she does nap and feed her when she wakes.

Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job!  I think she'll adapt very quickly, as having a routine is so comforting for the parents and the child.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007