Author Topic: 3.5 month old taking maultiple 30-45 minute naps.  (Read 790 times)

Offline sk4399

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3.5 month old taking maultiple 30-45 minute naps.
« on: August 13, 2006, 17:58:01 pm »
Hello,

I would like to get my 3.5 month old on a nap schedule.  I know that I am supposed to wait until 4 months for a 4 hour schedule, but she isn't hungry at 3 hours or 3.5 hours.    She is sleeping from 6:30pm 6:15am. That is great, but naps are rough. She's still taking 20-45 minute naps 5-6 times a day, I know that these naps aren't enough for her because she is always cranky and ready for another nap about one hour later.  Also, she is so tired at 6:30 pm (even after a nap), that she won't event take a bottle.  I'm not sure if I should be still watching her tired cues or the clock.  She is 15.5 weeks and since she takes such short naps, her awke time is very small and the E.A.S.Y schedule doesn't work.  Should I bite the bullet and keep her up the 2 hours like a 4 hour EASY, is it okay to ley her get over tired and hope like the book says that she'll get the hang of it in 3 days or so?  Any help would be great. 

TIA,

Katy

I do put DD down awake,and for the most part she falls asleep right away without much fussing.  Thanks for any advice!
Katy :)

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: 3.5 month old taking maultiple 30-45 minute naps.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 22:22:16 pm »
Hello Katy,

We ask that members post their sleep question on only one sleep forum, so that help is not split across the board.  As you've already received some help on the thread in the PU/PD and EASY forum, I've locked this thread.

Here are the links to the other questions, please could anyone who has advice add it here:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=69037.msg529959#msg529959

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=69036.msg529958#msg529958

Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston