Author Topic: EASY on the go  (Read 848 times)

Offline Mamalou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
« on: August 13, 2006, 21:11:35 pm »
hi everyone

Just wondering, I know it's important to have lo sleep in his crib for most naps, but what happens on the odd day when you are out and about.  Any advice for sticking to the routine?  I mean for example, if you are out and lo is in the pram, playing happily with a mobile or other toy, (A time) but begins to get sleepy and it's time for naptime, what can you do to help him transition and sleep in the pram? 
Sometimes when I must get out of the house I'll give him his feed sitting on a bench say, and then play with him while he's in the pram, and I'm sitting on the bench, or walk around with him in the pram, and then when it's sleep time I'll sit and hold him, cuddle, and sing to him, then put him back in the pram and hope he'll fall asleep. 
any suggestions??
Again, I know this isn't the ideal situation, but in real life it does happen...

Kristi

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: EASY on the go
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 00:18:31 am »
It happens, and you do what you can.  He can make up the sleep at the next nap, or try to stay home the next day during naps.  It's more of an issue when sleep training begins, it seems.  As he gets older, you'll have alot more A time to sort your day around.
Here's a link with some other tips that might help:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63056.0
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007