Author Topic: Not sure if this is a problem???  (Read 854 times)

Offline JoC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Not sure if this is a problem???
« on: August 15, 2006, 08:08:51 am »
Hi, I have posted my ds's sleep problem a few days ago, but after reading a rew posts i think i may be making this into an issue.
My ds goes down perfectly at 6.45-7pm every night. He will sleep til 5-5.30 and scream as he wakes. I have been giving him a bottle and he then goes straight back to sleep til 7am.
I was trying to get him to sleep later, til 6.30-7am, as he will wake at 4.30 some mornings and I feared his waking would just get earlier and earlier and he knows when he wakes he gets fed so why not at 4am!
I have been doing wi/wo for 4 days now and he just screams horrifically til 7am.
Shall I leave well enough alone and just keep feeding him at 5-5.30??? Or shall i perservere with wi/wo???
I do apologise if this problem looks trivial but I want to do whats best for him, and i thougt teaching him to sleep later may have been the best option.
Thanks for any advice cos I am really confused.

Jo

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: Not sure if this is a problem???
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 18:04:10 pm »
If he's really hungry I think you should feed him. I still do that :-[ with my 25 mo.  I wake up at 6 am (we're both late morning guys so he wakes at 830 am) and do a sort of dream feed. I just pop the bottle before he wakes and he drains a whole bottle. He sleeps through the whole process. Some lo's are just like that, they have a problem keeping an empty stomach for periods longer than 9 hours, usually if they were refluxers as babies/young toddlers, although it very well may not be the problem with him, just that he doesn't like an empty stomach.

By doing that "dream feed" you avoid him waking and still preserve a longer stretch for sleep. Some moms have found success by watering down the milk till they found they don't have to offer the bottle after a couple of week. I think you should do whatever suits you both best.

BTW i've tried to skip the bottle and he still wakes around 7am cranky and hungry and that is the start of the day for us (and not a friendly day i must add), so im sort of a slave for that, but I don't mind as long as he sleeps just what he needs.

Good luck!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline JoC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Not sure if this is a problem???
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 19:16:31 pm »
Florencia,
thank you, i kind of thought that, he goes straight back off to sleep fter the bottle and will sleep late if i let him. He too then wakes up in a great mood!
I think it is that he does not like to feel an empty tummy at that time. I shall continue and we will both get some sleep! ;D
Thanks again.
Jo