Author Topic: W2S to extend 1 nap  (Read 775 times)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
W2S to extend 1 nap
« on: August 16, 2006, 00:44:08 am »
My DD did the transition to 1 nap a few weeks ago and was doing well until a week ago when she started teething badly and had 12month injections. Before that her nap was 2-2.5hrs(We had 1 3hr nap last week) long and generally 12hrs at night sometimes 11.5hrs (if she has a dirty nappy). However her nap has gone to 1.5hrs (2 sleep cycles) and want her to go back to at least 2hrs. W2S has been very successful for us in the past so do i go in at 25mins of the 1st or 2nd sleep cycle??
TIA

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Florencia

• Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: W2S to extend 1 nap
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 17:27:21 pm »
I used to have that issue with teething, ds would wake at 145 when he was usually having 3 hours naps. I would go at 130 mark (you should go at the 115) and stay silent in the rocking chair, waiting for a jolt or something that would indicate me he'd wake. It was usually that he'd jump from deeply sleep to seated so if i did WTS i would wake him at all and there was no turning back. Instead, i'd wait for the first jolt (i became an expert and i started noticing when his breathing would change right before the jolt) and start shshing a lullaby (which used to soothe him back then when he was a newborn). Sometimes i would pat/shs depending on his upsetting. It took me a week before i would remove myself from the bedroom at the 130 mark. He continued to scream in his sleep at 145 but would put himself back to sleep. A week later, he started sleeping through that mark too.

HTH!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
Re: W2S to extend 1 nap
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 22:09:25 pm »
Thanks for that info would you believe it she slept 3hrs yesterday so thank goodness she got past the 1.5hrs. However if she starts this again i will take on your advice.  ;D

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07