Author Topic: does not like family food  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
does not like family food
« on: August 16, 2006, 06:06:11 am »
dd eats well but refuses family food, she eats hardly any meat, will eat ham, sausage occasionally, yesterday i put a small portion of our mea,l irish stew, yum, dd tipped the plated and ask repeatedly for noodles, omg hearing noodles is driving me insane, what should i do in this situation? i am so over cooking special food for her, i try to feed us what she like, any advise will be appreciated, dh is trying to be firm but i don't think he can win this battle, am i right?

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: does not like family food
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 13:24:26 pm »
Just to let you know we are in the same situtation with ds who is 24 months.  The "family" meal he will eat depending on what it is.  Like if its steak and mash potatoes, he'll eat no problem.  But he will not touch chicken and rice for example.  When I know he won't eat the family meal I usually give him something he will eat along side the family meal.  He has had some issues with textures, etc from the get go so ......... in my mind its not really a struggle for control or anything like that.  I just keep giving him what we are eating with the hope that he'll try it and like it eventually.  For me personally its not worth the battle every meal time.  When they finally do eat something different its usually not the result of your suggestion anyways, they just decide for whatever reason that they want some of this or that.   Ultimately I cannot put food in his mouth and make him eat it, kwim. As long as he eats healthy foods and is growing okay I "try" not to stress too much anymore.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 16:41:23 pm by jubee »
Julie

Gigismom

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 01:51:43 am »
oh i laughed out loud when you said that hearing 'noodles' was driving you insane.  that is one of gianna's favorite words.  i swear i hear it 200 times a day.  sometimes i feel like my ears will start bleeding if she says it again....

anyway, my dd doesn't eat meat either.  she has never liked it.  we recently went vegetarian.  i found some helpful recipes and suggestions on some threads in this forum.  i will post the links in a minute.

Ultimately I cannot put food in his mouth and make him eat it, kwim. As long as he eats healthy foods and is growing okay I "try" not to stress too much anymore.

i agree with this.  we have weeks where gianna eats really good and then some weeks like right now, where she eats nearly nothing.  what can i do?  ::)

Gigismom

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 01:52:37 am »
here read this thread if you have time...has some meat alternatives that you can try for your dd:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=67322.0

Offline Sylvia.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 03:23:21 am »
omg, when i was in hospital having dd2, dd1 went to her god parents for a few days and nights, and she got up to heaps of no good, fairy bread ... , anyway it wasn't until just recently when they were over for a visit that i learnt why dd call the play dough noodle, the kid made noodles out of the play dough, so for me i get noodle for breakfast, lunch and tea, and i get noodle when she wants the play dough which is for the best part of the day, so noodle, noodle, noodle, and rest assured if we lived close and we can over for a vistit they would drive you both insane, with this noodle, noodle, noodle  :-\

Offline Sylvia.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 03:25:15 am »
oh, nearly forgot, thanks for the link, also how about sharing an easy tofu recipe

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 03:29:59 am »
Aiden eats between 10 & 20 different food things total, but they go across all the food groups & he eats a good mix across the week... I was the same at that age... I eat almost everything now & I just cook extra of the things he does eat so he has them 2-3 times a week when we have other stuff. At 3 he knows the "rules" 1 "sugar food a day (2 on weekends) & if he doesn't want to eat dinner the only food he can have is fruit... yep somedays he eats 4 apples ;)
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Sylvia.

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 03:36:52 am »
that sounds good to me