Author Topic: Is starting E.A.S.Y. and solids at same time OK?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is starting E.A.S.Y. and solids at same time OK?
« on: August 16, 2006, 18:54:02 pm »
Hi
Just discovered baby whisperer and E.A.S.Y. and want to implement it asap but my baby is about to start solids within the next couple of weeks and I am concerned that the two new experiences could be too much coming at the same time.  Yet I am worried to leave it much longer to try E.A.S.Y. as I'm already beginning to see the very first signs of separation anxiety and presume it would be preferable to introduce the new routine before S.A. fully establishes.
Also, it is worth using the dream feed if it will only be for a few weeks given that he is almost six months now.
If I wait till October then my partner can help me, otherwise I have to go it alone but I as my baby is addicted to breast to go to sleep I am keen to try and help him learn how to go to sleep himself sooner rather than later (although of course I know I am already very late!).
Any advice gratefully received.
Yorkshire mum.

Offline Lªuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Is starting E.A.S.Y. and solids at same time OK?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 19:24:43 pm »
Hi Yorkshire,

Do you have the BW solves all your problems?  Tracy discusses Starting E.A.S.Y. at Four Months or Older.

Let me know as I have it on file if you don't have the book.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=69369.0
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 20:07:14 pm by Calums_Mum »
Lauren x

Offline Lªuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 20:15:24 pm »
Hi

Got your email .  To reply to a post just click the reply button above our post.

I would still begin solids at 6 months as you have intended, I don't see any reason why you can't start solids at the same time.   Solids at this age is more of a fun/taster session anyway - usually 1hr after lunch or dinner.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=10386.0  you can find 6month sample routines here.

I personlly wouldn't start the dreamfeed at this age,

"I suggest cutting out the dream feed at around seven months, as your baby starts to get solid food in him. If you continue to give it, you’re working against the introduction of solid food, because for every 25 5Th/Ounce of extra liquid your baby takes, he won’t be hungry for 25 gram/an ounce of solid food. However, as the box indicates, when you cut out the dream feed, you have to add the same number of ml or grams or ounces to the day feed. If you don’t, your baby will wake up at night."  Tracy

Hth's
Lauren x

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 20:23:15 pm »
Thanks.  I read that about the dreamfeed but was a little unsure how to apply it to my situation as I haven't yet introduced solids and he is six rather than seven months.  Also as I breastfeed, it is difficult to know how much my baby is eating though I'm sure he isn't eating enough at each feed as he is falling asleep pretty quickly.
I'm also a little worried about doing this on my own but I have no-one to help in the short term and think I should get on with it.  Wondering if I will be physically strong enough for hours of PU/PD.  I guess many other women have managed it alone?

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 11:18:24 am »
As I rev up to start EASY with my almost 6 monther, I want to be really clear what I am doing.  If I don't use the Dreamfeed I am worried that my implementation of EASY will not work as I won't be following the plan exactly.  As I will only just be starting him on solids, won't he still be hungry at night without it?  Yet to introduce it now with the trauma of introducing a routine for the first time, only to have to ween him off the dreamfeed in a month or so also sounds perhaps not so good.
Please could anyone let me know more about whether to use the dreamfeed whilst introducing EASY and solids at the same time at 6 months.
Many thanks indeed,
Yorkshire Mum

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 11:31:48 am »
hi there, welcome to the boards,

as i was reading your posts, it made me wonder how many times a day does your baby eat in average? and how many times at nigth too? 'cause depending on this, if he would acctually need the dream feed or not.

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 11:47:02 am »
Hi
Well we don't have much of a routine yet which is why I am keen to follow the EASY after 4 months plan exactly.  But it is roughly:
5 or 6 am
8 or 9 am
12 noon
3 or 4pm (sometimes this one goes amiss)
6.30pm (he is very tired by now due to little or no naps)
He always feeds to sleep at present so the feeds are sometimes just 5 or 10 mins long before he nods off (the only way he gets any sleep at present - all set to change soon hopefully).
All advice very gratefully received as I am nervous about starting all this and getting it to work.
Cheers,
Y.