Author Topic: Bedtime Routine  (Read 1254 times)

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 18, 2006, 11:40:56 am »
Trying to sort out all my plans before I begin on EASY with 6 month old.  The plan in Tracy's new book suggests bath after feed at bedtime.  Is this what you all do?  Is it not uncomfortable for a baby to have a bath on a full tummy like it is for us big people?  Can the last feed not be part of the post bath ritual if a story and or lullaby follows it before bed?
Thanks.
Y.

Offline knackered

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
Re: Bedtime Routine
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 12:06:30 pm »
I do the last feed after the bath and it works just fine. I think the BW idea is to separate the feed from going to bed, so you're not using the feeding to get them sleepy. But my DS seems to be at his most active just before bed and during this last feed so this isn't an issue for us. If you can do this last feed after the bath without your LO nodding off or nearly nodding off I'd say it's fine - if they do, I'd say it's probably best to feed, bath and bed.

Does that make sense?

Anna x
Anna x

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:08:19 pm »
Hi

I used to give half the last before before the bath and half after the bath.

you can do it in whatever order you want as long as; you don't feed to sleep and you are consistant in your approach.
Lauren
Lauren x

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 13:48:36 pm »
Hi Yorkshire,

I feed DS after his bath.  I've tried giving his bath every way possible:  before his bath, after his bath and giving 1/2 before and after his bath.  So far what works best for us  is feeding the bottle after his bath.  We previously had one incident of spit up during bath time.

Mel

Offline GabrielleD

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 13:57:15 pm »
I also feed DS after his bath. His bath calms him down, and by the time he is done with his bottle he is ready for bed. He's not asleep, just ready to be put in the crib to fall asleep on his own.

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 16:21:37 pm »
I also allways have feed DS after his bath... 'cause drinking his formula does relax him more, but i agree with Lauren as long as you don't feed to sleep, the order doesn't matter.

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 20:59:40 pm »
Thanks for all your helpful replies.  The idea of my DS ever going to sleep without feeding seems so hard to believe, it all sounds very imaginary.  But will start on the new routine soon...

Yorkshire.