Author Topic: 16 month old waking up...molars?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline mom2kaya

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 18, 2006, 21:42:31 pm »
This summer, we have gotten all of our eye teeth as well as our first set of molars.  My dd has started to wake up in the middle of the night again, is grumpy, and is not fond of her daddy again!  I know it sounds like separation anxiety, (just in time for me to return to work in a week as a teacher), but she is constantly chewing during the day and drooling.  The next set of molars are 2 year old molars, right?  Isn't it early to start getting them unless this is just the part where they descend?  Thanks for the help - it's frustrating.

Gigismom

Re: 16 month old waking up...molars?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 20:48:25 pm »
i think the next set is 2 year molars, but i am not sure.  have you tried giving her tylenol or some other pain relief at night time?

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: 16 month old waking up...molars?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 03:29:47 am »
I'd say she's too young to get the 2 year molars yet... but with this kids you never know. Although it could v ery well be something developmental or that she's getting sick. I have found that ds tends to show mixed signals when one of this 2 things happened and in many cases i have thought about the 2 year molars (because of the chewing and the drolling) and it was one of these.

HTH and that this passes soon!!!!!! good luck!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake