Author Topic: 12 week old waking to feed at night  (Read 936 times)

Offline ion

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 19, 2006, 15:23:29 pm »
I have been doing EASY for a few weeks now, but not keeping track of the actual duration of E, A, S.  I am going to start doing this now.  However my son is 12 weeks old and I would say at least 15lbs and still waking up to feed at 2 or 3am and again at 5 or 6am when he is up for the day.  I would like to eliminate the 2am feed and have him wake at 7am.  I am exclusively breastfeeding.

I currently put him to bed at 8pm do the dream feed at 11pm and feed at least every 3 hours during the day.  He is a very fast/efficient eater and is done within 10 minutes so our EASY schedule is almost 1 hour activity and 1 hour sleep.

So I thought the night wakings were a habit and was going to try wake to sleep this weekend.  However he always eats a full meal, he is not snacking.  Is it possible he really needs to eat at night?  He has no problem getting back to sleep after eating.

His naps during the day are 40-60 minutes long.  I do try to extend them to at least 60 minutes and some days I can.

I know my schedule is vague but I would appreciate any insight. 

Offline ion

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 16:31:51 pm »
Forgot to mention, I do offer a pacifier during the night wakings, but 80% of the time he doesn't take it.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: 12 week old waking to feed at night
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 17:19:25 pm »
Hello ion, and welcome to BW!

At 12 weeks your LO absolutely needs at least one night feed, probably even two. I would not attempt to eliminate either of them yet, especially since he's taking a full feed.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o