Author Topic: Growth Spurt or something else????? Please HELP  (Read 872 times)

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Growth Spurt or something else????? Please HELP
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:31:10 am »
My dd (4 1/2 months) has always slept well at night.  For over 2 months now she has woken only once to eat.  Even during her technical times of Growth Spurts she never ate more or woke more.

She usually sleep from 7ish - 5am with out a feed.  We feed her 4oz and then she sleep until 6:30/7am

Last night we put her to bed at 7:15 and she was still up after 8pm just grumbling to herself.

Last night she woke at 11:30 and I gave her 4oz (she would not go back to sleep...she was serious)
She woke up at 3:15 and wanted more food so dh gave her 4oz but said she could have drinken 2 more.  20 minutes later she was crying again, but we were able to soothe her back to sleep..
She then woke up 2 hours later at 5:15 screamsing again.  Dh is now giving her another 4oz.  I thought it might be teething but I gave her some medicine, checked her teeth, but nothing.  When we tried feeding her thats when she stopped crying and I figured if it was teething she wouldn't drink an entire bottle each time.  She now has had 12 oz from 7pm-5:30am and she usually only has 4oz. 
Is this normal???  If so, how long should it last?

Could it be something else?

If she is hungry, why is she not eating more during the day.  Is it normal for the change to only happen at night?

She just moved herself cold turkey to a 4 hour schedule (2 hours up, 2 hours asleep, 2 hours up, 2 hours asleep, 2 hours up, 30 minute cat nap, to bed by 7pm ish) about 2 weeks ago and is drinking 27-30 oz in a 24hr period.  She was on a 3 hour easy drinking  23-26oz in a 24 hour period. 

No props at night.
I am also going to post this in the getting back on track section. 

Thanks.
Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Growth Spurt or something else????? Please HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 17:12:11 pm »
You'll probably get better feedback from the folks in getting back on track, but I do suspect that she might be having a proper growth spurt.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o