Author Topic: Almost 11 months and will not sleep through the night  (Read 1247 times)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Almost 11 months and will not sleep through the night
« on: August 20, 2006, 14:30:06 pm »
Hello Everyone, 

I am having a heck of a time trying to get my 10 3/4 month old to sleep through the night.  Everytime I think she is one her way something happens and she starts to wake up.  Last night she woke up at 12:00am and 5:30am.  Her routine is pretty typical except her naps are only abaout an hour.  She wakes up at 7:00 - 7:30am and goes to bed at 7:30- 8:00pm with her bedtime routine before bath, massage and bottle.

When she wakes up in the night sometimes she takes a whole 7-8 ounces and sometimes only 4-5.  Could someone please give me some advice on how to get her to sleep through the night.  I tried pu/pd but I find if I just sit in the rocker next to her crib she will settle down eventually she gets more upset with pu pd.    I have been trying everything since she has been born and I have only gotten a handful of times of her sleeping through the night.  I would appriciate any advice.  Thank You
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Re: Almost 11 months and will not sleep through the night
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 19:46:28 pm »
Hi

Sorry you're having problems.  Have you ever joined us on the Sep/Oct 05 birth club?  Here's the link:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=44815.0

You'll find that you're by no means alone in having a baby who wakes during the night, in fact you'll be in very good company  ;)

It sounds to me as though she could be geuinely hungry.  What does she eat and when during the day?

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 21:15:03 pm »
She use to eat oatmeal for breakfast with a fruit but she doesn't seem to like it anymore.  I really am having a problem on how much to give her for each meal and what to give her.  Also how many bottles should she still be getting.  Thank You for answering me back I really haven't heard back too much on these boards lately.  I thought it was me.  Thanks Again

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 09:24:00 am »
I'm sure it's not you hun.  Can you tell me what she ate for the whole of yesterday and when - that will give me a starting point.

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 17:14:31 pm »
I was also thinking that it's hunger.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 20:20:58 pm »
Hello,

Yesterday she had scrambled eggs and banana for breakfast,  chicken, carrots for lunch and chicken, rice and some bread for dinner.  Also she had about 18- 20 ounces of formula.  So you think that is enough or should I add more or different foods??

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 20:42:22 pm »
What sort of quantities are you giving at each meal? How many bottles and quantities for each? Could you please post your routine for the day please?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline leighaclapp

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 03:01:00 am »
Hi. I probably can't help you much but I wanted you to know that you're not alone. I have a 7 1/2 month old who slept through the night from 2 months old until about 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure what's going on but she's up 2 or 3 times every night.  ??? I think she's teething. Anyways, as far as your little one's hunger goes, are you on the 3 meal a day plan as Tracy suggests? I have stuck to that pretty religiously and it's (so far) working well. She usually gets a total of 30 oz a day of formula plus fruits/veggies/cereal. It's so hard to figure out how much is enough because none of the books tell you for sure! Best of luck!

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 09:34:12 am »
She seems to always eat different at each meal .  Tonight she woke at 12:00am and only drank 3 ounces and again at 4 and only drank about 5 ounces.  The only thing that seems to calm her down is the bottle so now I am thinking it is a prop.  In that case what do I do??  She crys so loud she wakes up the whole house and my 4 year oldis starting school in a couple of days.  Help I just am at my wits end?  Sorry it took so long for my response