Author Topic: 21 MO wanting to skip nap (but Mummy doesn't let him !)  (Read 722 times)

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 52
21 MO wanting to skip nap (but Mummy doesn't let him !)
« on: August 20, 2006, 20:53:31 pm »
DS has always refused to go for his nap peacefully in his cot when I lay him down, but this weekend he really took the biscuit !

On Saturday, he was still up at 3.30 pm and today it was 2.30 pm. Usually he wakes up at 7-7.30 am and naps from 1.15 - 1.30 pm so it may be our 8.15 am waking that has put things out of sync. On both days, DS ended up sleeping in his car seat, for 1.30 hour on Saturday and 45 min today. He went to sleep at his usual 9.30 - 10 pm ( :o) yesterday and was off by 9.15 pm today, so I feel vindicated in forcing the issue of the nap

DH has always resented the naps, though. even though I tell him that DS is too young to drop his nap yet, and he's heard the word "overtired" more often than he cares to so in a moment, the napping battle may become a real issue with him.

Would you not have forced the issue and let DS not have his nap ? If so, even assuming the had had an early bedtime (say 7 pm), could I have expected nighttime wakings ? DS seem to need less sleep than LOs his age, but I don't want to deprive him of sleep, it's bad enough that he does it to me   ::)

Gigismom

Re: 21 MO wanting to skip nap (but Mummy doesn't let him !)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 04:04:17 am »
i feel your pain.  check out this post...

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=69650.0

feel free to join in on our whining.  ;)