Poll

how to keep our toddler from waking and out of our room

advise
0 (0%)
opinion
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Toddler waking and sleeping problem please help!!  (Read 1161 times)

Offline shawnac

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Toddler waking and sleeping problem please help!!
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:50:54 am »
My 28 month old ds has trouble falling asleep on his own at night. He has to have both dad and I in the room. He has slept in our bed since he was 5 months old and the transition from our bed to his own has not been an easy one. We always either stay in the room until he falls asleep or sometimes he falls asleep in our bed and then we place him in his room but  no matter what we do he always wakes up in the middle of the night and screams for us or comes in our room to crawl back in our bed. We try and get him to go back to his own room but he refuses. We always give in because we do not want him to wake our 6 month old daughter up. Our son has never slept all night long even as a baby. How can we break him from waking in the night and crawling in bed with us. Please help. I am open to any suggestions.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Toddler waking and sleeping problem please help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 17:37:09 pm »
Have you checked out the "Teaching Independent Sleep" methods thread in the FAQs of this forum?
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63896.0
It gives suggestions for how to teach independent sleep.  If you have questions after reading it, post back.

Offline lynnmc

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Toddler waking and sleeping problem please help!!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 21:25:19 pm »
hI THERE,

Like yourself i am new at this, so at the moment i am putting into practice pu/pd on my 14mth old which is going good.
Keep reading all the different methods suggested on BW until you find one which catches your attention and sounds right for you.

I`m sure you will get some good links passed onto you off mums who know the site well and better than myself.

Until then i know how your feeling as I also have a boy who is now 11years and he never slept until school days.  On a positive note if i knew what i know now and was older and wiser i would of stuck with a routine and the big word is CONSISTENCY when you find a method that works.   It can effect your whole lifestyle so i do understand especially when you are taking into account other LO`s.

I always thought everyone was doing a better job than myself, silly I know, but always remember every child is an individual and i would sometimes forget that.  So what works with one  may not necessarily work for you, it`s finding a method you can work with and put into practice with LO.

Good luck, and I hope you get some help that will work for you.  Let me know how you get on if you get a chance.

Lynnmc (mum to Matthew 14mnth old and Jack 11yrs old.)