Author Topic: We did it!  (Read 1125 times)

Offline pattif

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
We did it!
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:04:52 pm »
hi!

This is what I wrote some time ago: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=68140.0

What happened meanwhile?

I had to start taking medicines that aren't ok for breastfeeding. I love breastfeeding, so when the doctor told me it was better to stop, I really was sad.

Probably Leonardo was ready to stop, I wasn't!!!

Leonardo used to sleep using my breast as a pacifier in our bed ... so I was really worried.

We planned a brand new evening routine and started, a bit frightened. Instead of bringing him to his room, breastfeeding him and putting him down in his bed, we all four went to the big bed with books: we read for 20 minutes - me, my husband, Sofia, 3y, and Leonardo, 12mo - and sang some soft songs. Then my husband took Leonardo, gave him the pacifier and brought him in his room, he kept singing and .. in 10 minutes Leo was asleep.

He woke up as usual at about 2 o'clock. Instead of taking him, bringing him to our bed and feeding him for the rest of the night, my husband went to him and picked him up, gave him some water (it is very warm weather here) and put him down again. The first night this lasted 40 minutes, the second and on about 15 minutes.

The he slept till early morning.

INCREDIBLE!

Of course we do have a 3 things we have to work on:

1) Leonardo in the evening gets a syrup for calming him down. Our doctor gave it to him one month ago because we weren't sleeping anymore at all. My wish is to stop with it as soon as possible.

2) Early wakings: now he wakes at 6 Am ... a bit early.

3) Naps: he still is very irregular. One day he sleeps 2 hours in teh mornig and none in the afternoon, the day after only 30 minutes at noon, and so on.

But I'm optimistic, I absolutely didn't imagine it would go so well.
Patrizia with Leonardo and Sofia

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: We did it!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 23:40:25 pm »
Well done!!! thanks for sharing!   ;D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: We did it!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 00:52:49 am »
No thoughts on the early wakings as we have not had that so far.  What syrup does the doctor have him on?   Napwise, if someone has any good ideas, I'm all for them as mine does the same thing.  I think she has decided that she is too old for 2 naps, but she just can't do it yet.    ::)  Silly girl.  Well done on getting this far!!!!!!!
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.