Author Topic: WAS sleeping thru the night, 2 mo old  (Read 920 times)

Offline Shannonn

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
WAS sleeping thru the night, 2 mo old
« on: August 21, 2006, 16:31:44 pm »

My LO started sleeping through the night around three to four weeks. Since then, he has survived a move from coast to coast, a growth spurt, and a visit to see relatives while "the boys" moved our furniture across the country. At times he did wake up once in the night, at the exception of the growth spurt which lasted three days, but has been consistently sleeping from 9 with a DF at 10 till 7 am. The past two nights he has been waking up around three am. I know he's well fed and our pattern has not changed in any way, so I don't know why he's waking up. He acts like he is ravished, so I do feed him which lasts 10-15 minutes. We were quickly spoiled, and I can't quite figure out what is going on. Here's the low down for any who are willing to take a stab:

How old is your child? 8 wks
What’s his/her daily routine? follows the 3 hour EASY
What’s nap routine? naps are a bit irregular
How long are naps? one good 1.5 /2 hour with the others short, and skips the first cat napa nd takes second
What's bedtime routine? first cluster feed at 6, then another at 8, then cat nap at 9 with DF at 10
Do you bottle or breastfed??Breast feed
How much? guessing three to four oz. or how long? thirty to fortyfive minutes
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed) one side until the 6 or 8 feed, then I give both. (milk supply is low by then.)
How many wakes per night? one, around three
What’s your LO like when waking at night? grunts, then sleepy wa,waa that can evolve to a full blown cry. How long is he/she up? 10-15 minutes feeding then straight back to bed
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? once , wa, waa; once crying
What have you tried to settle?? shush/pat and paci and cuddle plus rocking with paci (Yes, ladies, I've cheated, and I've liked it. I do rock him and swing him to sleep. I justify it telling myself moderation in all things. I try to use the swing nly once a day not more.)
What do you do for A time and how long is it? typically mat time, in my lap, stroller/walk, or along for whatever errands I have to run.
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? no
Have you introduced cereal? no Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)
Do they have a prop? possibly the rocking. But since he has slept through the night before, I'm certain he woke up during  hte night and put himslef back to sleep without it.
Do they have a lovie? not yet.

I'm certain we have accidentally let him fall asleep in our arms consistently. I couldn't see his little blue eyes to know if he was out or not, and even then, I can't tell the difference between completely out and just ready to be put down. Another problem, another day. . .

I know there are many of you who think my problem is heavenly, but once you get a taste of a full-nights rest, you don't want to go backwards! Any experienced Mommys, I'm pleading for tid bits of your know how.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 17:01:51 pm by Shannonn »
Rookie Mommy,
Shannon

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: WAS sleeping thru the night, 2 mo old
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 16:50:04 pm »
The only thing that jumped out at me was the cluster feeding in the evening .  Maybe it is time to stop and do 7, 10, 1, 4, 7 and df at 10.  Then he may eat more to get him through longer.  Although if he is waking hungry then I would feed, he is only 2 months old and you are righ tyou did get a bit spoiled ;D ;)

Offline Shannonn

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 17:04:27 pm »
I thought I was supposed to drop one cluster feed. I just couldn't remember when. I'll double check the BW and see if that is it. He does seem hungry when he wakes. . .
Rookie Mommy,
Shannon

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 23:51:51 pm »
How is it going?  be sure to keep us posted.