Author Topic: Dealing with nightwakings when infant shares room with a toddler  (Read 662 times)

Offline tjteems

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5mo

What’s his/her daily routine?
7am wake happy, 7-8oz formula
play
9am 2hr nap
11am wake, 7-8oz formula
play
1pm 2hr nap
3pm wake, 7-8oz formula
play
sometimes catnap around 4:30 or 5
6:30, 7-8oz formula
bath
bed @ 7-7:30

What’s nap routine?
paci and straight to bed.  falls asleep easily on her own

What's bedtime routine? Time?
bath, story, song;  goes to sleep easily on her own

She has been sleeping through since abuot 13 weeks and dropped the dream feed at 4mo with no problems.  In the last week she has been waking happy at 5am just talking in her bed.  I would normally leave her to chat to see if she would fall asleep on her own, but I don't want her 3yo brother awake at 5am.  So, I flip her on her tummy, giver her the paci and she'll fall back asleep until 7 or 7:30.
Last night she woke the same at 4:30, then again at 5 then again at 5:30.  Now I'm making the paci a prop, but I don't know what else to do!!
She is teething and 2 teeth have popped through partly.  She is not yet on any solids (waiting to 6mos)
No lovie either until 6mo.

Thanks for any insight!

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Dealing with nightwakings when infant shares room with a toddler
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 23:33:41 pm »
Well normally I would say that if she is happy you should leave her but seeing as how you are worried she will wake her brother that is a different story. 

If she is waking at the same time each day you could try wake to sleep.  Go in one hour before and try to stir her a bit.  You may need to do it a few days in a row though for it to work.

Has she ever woke her brother?

I know that I really worried about that as well and mine don't share a room but they share a wall so sometimes they might as well be in the same room and #2 has never woken #1.