Author Topic: Was Sleeping 9 hours now waking  (Read 785 times)

Offline lachlanmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Was Sleeping 9 hours now waking
« on: August 22, 2006, 09:40:24 am »
Lachlan is 4months and 1 week, he was sleeping around 8 to 9 hours at night, 3 weeks ago he start waking for an extra feed at different times of the night and becoming alot more unsettled through out the night.  He was on a 3 hour EASY and I am moving to a 4 hour EASY, but I'm wondering whether I should be starting him on solids as he is over 8kgs or add more cluster feeds at the end of the night?

Please help!!!

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Re: Was Sleeping 9 hours now waking
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:08:28 am »
Your LO is just the same age as mine. She is also 8kg.... big baby. She is not a big eater (5-6oz) per meal.... I tried solid a week ago, but her reflux just keep pushing the cereal out. I've tried to add rice cereal in her bottle, but with the bigger hole it almost chocked her and she swallowed a lot of gas. She became so gassy that she waked up several times instead.  :-[ A doctor told me by adding cereal in her bottle will make her gain more weight, because the volume is the same, but more calories. I decided to add solid later, when she is ready.
I do cluster feed, and then move DF till 12ish (I get some sleep first, and then wake up to DF)
If you want to try out solid, do it during the weekends...

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 21:56:20 pm »
4 months tends to be a tough age for sleeping. They start a lot of developmental things and often teething stuff as well. As for the solids, I wouldn't start without speaking to LO's doc/ped first. They won't necessarily help with sleeping as they can cause gas and tummy upset/cramping.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline lachlanmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 04:18:41 am »
Thanks for your help.  I will keep off the solids until he is older.  From what I'm reading I should be working on his day time naps and hope that he improves his nightime sleep.

Thanks for your help.

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 10:25:06 am »
It took me about two weeks to move from 3hr EASY to 4hr EASY. I didn't follow the plan in the book, I sort of did it by slowly extending A time, add 1/2 oz milk to each feed + reading my DD's cue closely. She's doing 3.5hr-4hr E.A.S.Y. now. :)
When she was doing 3hr EASY, she only took 45min nap. 1.5hr if I'm lucky. Since we did 4hr EASY, she becomes a better sleeper.
Good luck!