Author Topic: nightly party  (Read 837 times)

Offline ~Kiki

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
nightly party
« on: August 22, 2006, 19:32:26 pm »
My 8 week LO has just recently started sleeping through the night and only waking for 1 feeding (ranging anywhere from 1-5 AM). I am of course loving the extra Zs, but with this new sleeping schedule she has also adopted the desire to be wide eyed for about an hour after the feeding (the exact A time she has during the day with her 3 hour EASY). Sometimes she seems to have gas, but others she just wants to have a staring contest. I try putting her down and she starts screaming. I know they say you can't spoil a newborn, but when does spoilling a newborn become a problem. I don't want to encourage this nightly party. Any ideas?

~Kiki

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 19:46:38 pm »
Wish i had the answer for you my lo has been like that since birth now 9 weeks.  Recently has started to go back to sleep straight after the feed if i feed as soon as i hear him if i try dummy first or anything like that i know he will take longer to settle.
Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: nightly party
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 21:49:37 pm »
At 8 weeks you have absolutely nothing to worry about with spoiling her. She won't begin to make connections between things like yelling = getting picked up for months and months. Like you say, she thinks that it's A time after that feed at night. That happens more often than not with very young LOs or LOs that are new to EASY. After all, we teach them (during the day) that after eating is A time. So of course they don't really grasp the difference yet between night and day. It would probably serve you best to do pat/shhh after the feed and make sure that you do not make eye contact with her, as that will only stimulate her.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o