Author Topic: strange early am night wakings  (Read 868 times)

Offline jenlee918

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • our adorable little audrey e. lee
strange early am night wakings
« on: August 23, 2006, 15:08:24 pm »
This is sort a strange happening.  My DD is 5 months and has been a champion 4 hour EASY baby, until she discovered how to roll over.  Now she can't stop moving about, expecially during the wee hours of the morning (anywhere between 3am- 5 am), and it usually isn't a problem, until she's on her tummy and can't flip herself back over.  At which point, she'll yell, I'll go in and flip her over, only to hear her again 15 minutes later (because she's flipped and can't get back).  We'll do this for a good hour or so until she falls back asleep (it's worth mentioning that last night, I had to hold her and rock her before she fell asleep, pat/shush was not working).  Has anyone else's LO ever done this?  I sometimes think it's because she's hungry- so I'll BF her, and occasionally she'll take it- but more often than not- she's waking because she's playing and on the move.  When I do feed her, she sometimes goes back to sleep instantaneously... could her moving mean that she's hungry?  I am so confused and so sleep deprived I can hardly make sense of any of this. ???  Can anyone offer advice?  Or does this happen to anyone else?

Here's what her easy schedule is like.

7:30am wake BF (one side)
7:45-9:30 awake (diaper change, play)
9:30-11 nap
11:00-11:30 short A
11:30-12:00 BF/ lately bottle feed (since trying to ween off breast)
12-2:30 (sometimes 3) A
3-4/4:30 nap
4/4:30 BF
4:30/5- 6 A
short nap at 6- 6:45
6:45- 7:30 short, quiet A, start bedtime routine (reading book, bath, BF, bedtime)
in bed and asleep by 8pm
DF at 10:30 with formula (usually about 7 ounces)

Thanks for any suggestions/comments that you might have. ;D

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: strange early am night wakings
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 15:41:23 pm »
Pick me, pick me!!!!!! ;D

B did this as well, come to think of it so did E ::).  We just kept flipping him over :P.  Once he learned to crawl he stopped doing it and would sleep on his tummy.

I don't think she would be waking from hunger cause she seems to be getting lots during the day.  However if she is giving you hungry signals you should feed her.

Offline jenlee918

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • our adorable little audrey e. lee
Re: strange early am night wakings
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 19:57:22 pm »
 ;DI am so relieved to hear that!!!! It's nice to know that my LO is not as strange as I had thought... Thanks again for responding.  :)

Offline texasmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 21:08:02 pm »
I have a friend whose daughter does that.  She's just a little over three months (I know, early to be flipping over), but she bought a sleep positioner - just has the sides on it, and the flipping stopped.  Not sure if that would work for an older one.  Hope it gets better.