Author Topic: Is this normal.......or am I being played.  (Read 965 times)

Offline Cheyannesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is this normal.......or am I being played.
« on: August 23, 2006, 17:03:13 pm »
Hello everyone

I have been away from this sight for sometime now but have found my way back.  I have read through allot of posts and have not really found one that helps me with my issue.  I would like to thank all of you in advance for your information.

My DD is 2yr 2mos and last Monday we switched to a big girl bed.  Monday, Tuesday went off without a hitch, Wed it took 2 hrs as I think she figured out her freedom Fri, Sat & Sun went great too.  On Monday and last night she had a hard time with it.  She kept getting up and when I put her back she would cry this awful cry.  Monday it took a bit for her nap but Tuesday she went with no problem.  Todays nap as soon as we walked in her room she started crying and would not even lie in her bed.  I finally got her to sleep only by staying in the room and at first when I started to leave she was not quite asleep and started to cry so I waited a little longer.   I know this is all new to her but I am worried as this is a child that has always loved her room and has no problem being alone in it.  Am I expecting to much sleep from her?  Everyone keeps telling me maybe she is not tired but she gets up at 6:30 and has a 11/2 to 2hr nap and I out her to bed around 7:30.  Is it to early?  I just do not want her being afraid of her room and bed.  Is she just playing me?

All advice would be greatly appreciated

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Is this normal.......or am I being played.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 17:27:59 pm »
How long does she sleep overnight?  How long does she nap?

I could be that you will need to stay in the room for now and gradually move your chair closer to the door until you get out.  Like you say you don't want to create a problem where there has never been one.

Offline stayin alive

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Is this normal.......or am I being played.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 21:45:32 pm »
Hi there,

I don't think that you are being played!  At least that's what I keep telling myself b/c we are in the same boat (dd's 23 mos).  We converted dd's crib into a daybed a few weeks ago and it took her atabout 4-5 days to happily lie down on the pillow.  Of course I am in the midst of slowly removing myself from her room before she falls asleep.  Someone told me that it could be b/c she is afraid of being "left alone in the dark" although she didn't have a problem before.  So we are thinking of either having a brighter night light or maybe a kid's flashlight (she loves shining it upon the ceiling). 

Have faith, your lo will adjust.

Kayla