Author Topic: He is always hungry  (Read 796 times)

Offline dkitto

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
He is always hungry
« on: August 25, 2006, 15:10:05 pm »
Wow this boy can eat!!! He has been like it for months now.

He is eating all his main dinners so its not just filling up on that. But he is always saying "mummy I am hungry"

I am running out of ideas what to give him, he has 5 portions of fruit a day because I use that a lot but I don't want to give him much more because he has just had a filling and the dentist said it was all the fruit he was eating  :o ( yes I cried ). She also said to only eat 5 times a day  ??? how can I do that when he is hungry.

Any ideas on food, he is not have dairy which does not help?

If he was a cat I would say he has worms  :-X

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
Re: He is always hungry
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 17:50:57 pm »
It's all the running around they do, it sure does burn up alot of calories ::)  DD has phases like this too especially if she has had a busy day!

I give her ricecakes or a piece of toast which seems to keep her happy!

HTH  :)
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]

Offline MrsKirky

• Showing Appreciation 27
  • Aidan dressed as a Sheriff for Halloween
Re: He is always hungry
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 21:15:56 pm »
Steamed carrots are sweet, too.  Maybe DS will like that.  Yogurt, cheese sticks, veggie crackers, freeze dried corn and peas,
polenta (ds LOVES this) - Corn meal or polenta cooked according to package directions, except we use chicken stock (not broth - too much salt) instead of water.  Pour thickened, cooked, mixture out onto a greased pan, sprinkle with parmesan and let cool.  Slice into squares.  Quick to fix and very filling for DS.  You can also add the parmesan at the end of the cooking, right before you pour it out onto the pan.  I found that I used less when I sprinkled it on top. 
(Krista) Aidan-2/9/2005. Touchy.Gravida 5 Para 1 and proud of the LO for hanging on tight!