Author Topic: 5am wakeup--5.5 month old  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Jodi and her boys

• California Mom of a California Dude!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • My Blondey
5am wakeup--5.5 month old
« on: August 26, 2006, 22:37:34 pm »
Hey there, I have read through some posts and have tried to find one very similar to this issue, but no luck. sorry!

My lo is 5.5 months old.  He has been sleeping from 7pm-7am for 1.5 months (without a dream feed).  In the last three days, he has woken up at 5am on the dot.  He wakes talking, so I leave him in there.  He usually ends up talking until 6:30 (while I am hoping he will go to sleep).  It is then that I feed him.  The problem is that it totally messes up his day.  By the time I am done feeding him, he is already starting to get a little sleepy (he's already been up for 2 hrs!)--I have no clue how much sleep he should get now that he cut off 2 hrs of his night time sleep.

Any suggestions?  My ds is breastfed and is an angel/ textbook. 

Thanks!

Jodi

Offline chocho

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 15:40:42 pm »
Hi Jodi,
I don't have an answer for you but wanna tell you my DD is doing the same thing!  She just turned 6 months, was sleeping from 7pm-7am til 4 days ago....started to wake up at 5~5:30 crying.  I left her alone for a little while hoping she would settle down herself, she did that one morning out of 3 mornings.....
One good thing is after I calmed her down using shush-pat, she was able to fall back to sleep til 7:30 or 8 Am.  I don't want to feed her when she wakes up early since I was told by her PED that she doesn't need any (her weight is in 80 percentile)

• My Blondey
Re: 5am wakeup--5.5 month old
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 16:06:18 pm »
Choco, well, I tried W2S last night (set my alarm for 4:30--yikes!  :o).  I think it worked, because I didn't hear him until 6:15--progress!  I will be trying it for four more days, and will hopefully get him back to his 7am mark!  Will keep you posted...

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 18:58:39 pm »
I was just going to suggest W2S!  ;)
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

• My Blondey
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 22:19:27 pm »
Well, we are back to early wakings.  Anywhere from 5:15-6:15am.  Should I have my dh do pu/pd?  I have been feeding him immediately, hoping that he would go back to sleep, but he just wants to play and start his day.  I bf, so that is why I think my dh should do pu/pd.  I just really don't want to do it.  :(

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jodi

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 13:16:13 pm »
Hi my ds is almost 6mo and he is doing the same thing! I think it may be developmental, I was reading in a magazine that they do things like this during certain stages ?? My ds wakes anywhere from 4 am to 6 am and I leave him to talk until he starts to fuss then i go in and give him his paci  :-\  but i refuse to feed him at this time b/c i know he is not hungry!! I have tried keeping him up a bit later and it does seem to help a little bit .. every day is a new adventure!!  :)