Author Topic: Soy milk or lactose free milk???  (Read 982 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: August 27, 2006, 12:51:09 pm »
Hi! I started to give dd milk again after 2 months that she didnīt want it at all. So I waited and now I started again and she is having lactose free milk. Doctor told me that she may be lactose intolerant (12 months later)  .
Anyway I am afraid she drop her milk again bacause maybe she is not lactose intolerant but milk intolerant so would it make any difference if I give soy milk instead of lactose free?
I am already combining it with soy juice as she already knows the taste of them and I can cheat a little, but she is drinking it. What is worrying me now is that since milk she is now not eating as usual so maybe she is having some bowl disorders because of milk or who can ever tell. Should I try soy milk instead? Will it be healthy or is it the same with not giving milk at all? I do not know soy milk properties.
Any advice, suggestion, information will be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Soy milk or lactose free milk???
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 10:12:08 am »
It's possible, but not very common, for infants to be lactose intolerant. It's usually an issue with the milk proteins, not the lactose. Soy milk may be a good alternative since fortified soy milk also has a good amount of fat, calcium and nutrients - just watch to make sure she doesn't have an intolerance to soy as well, since up to 50% of babies who are milk allergic/intolerant have a problem with soy as well. Good luck!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Elisabeth and Victorias mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • My baby sister, cute!!!
Re: Soy milk or lactose free milk???
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 14:46:50 pm »
My dd is lactose intolerant an dis on lactose free formula.  I was thinking about putting her on the soy fromula before we found out , except when we watched the news that night we say a report on soy formula and how it has been linked to possibility of fertility problems with girls who had soy formula from a young age.  Considering i had fertility probs we went just with the nutrimigen formula until we found she was lactose intolerant. (nutrimegen is allergy free formula)  Godd Luck with your choice.
u rl=http://lilypie.com][/url]  []