Author Topic: totally confused about LO's nights (and day), sorry little long  (Read 844 times)

Offline neelam.mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
totally confused about LO's nights (and day), sorry little long
« on: September 10, 2006, 00:51:00 am »
Sorry to have another post for same problem that I posted few days ago, I thought the problem was solved but NO its not.

I dont know what is happening. Some nights our DD sleeps peacefully, or is it because she is too tired to get up and fuss???, and some nights she gets up every 2 hours  :o I am confused.

Now I feel that I dont know how to read her tiredness signs during days. I see her yawn and rub her eyes so I take her in room but then she just sits up and smiles wanting to play

She doesnt cry when she gets up at night but just fusses. She has almost learned to fall asleep on her own, except that sometimes she makes some weird sounds (ahhhh...) before she sleeps. But at night we HAVE TO goto her and shhh to quite her or else she goes on fussing and is wide awake. I go in her room after few mins, shhh her and come out, it could take anywhere between 30-45 mins before she falls back sleep but she would be back up again in 2 hours. But these wake time at night have reduced to 30-45 mins from 2-3 hours in past week so thats the silver line.  :)

Following is her routine that I have noticed past few days: she had five naps before this 9, 11, 1, 3 , 5 each of 30 mins.

7:30 wake up (sometimes its 7:15)
8 BF
8:30 breakfast
9 / 9:30 starts 1st nap for 30 mins
11:30 / 12 BF
2nd nap for 30 mins anywhere between 11 to 1
12:30 / 1 lunch
2 / 3 starts 3rd nap for 30 mins
4:30 / 5 BF
5/ 5:30 4th nap for 30 mins
7:30 bedtime

Yesterday she skipped her last nap  :o .

Could it be teething? But she has reduced her drooling and she doesnt seem to be in pain at night. Does anybody have LO who did this during teething? I am totally confused. I hope it gets better soon, I am already sleep deprived.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 12:24:26 pm by neelam.mom »

Offline motherof3

• Andrea, Paul, Jackie, Payton and Abby
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Re: totally confused about LO's nights (and day), sorry little long
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 13:27:29 pm »
I'm sure you have probably tried this......but have you tried to extend her naps during the day?  All the little naps during the day could be impacting her night sleeping.  Do you think she could be waking up due to hunger?  Do you ever feed her, does this seem to help at all?  It could be teeth, you could try giving her some Tylenol before bed and see if this helps.  When she wakes at night and you don't think she is hungry,  I would let her go if she is just fussing and try not to rush in.  See if she can settle herself.

If it were me, I would try to work on extending her naps during the day and see if this helps at night.  Good Luck!
Jackie 3/10/01
Payton 9/23/03