Author Topic: should i drop a bottle?  (Read 783 times)

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
should i drop a bottle?
« on: August 30, 2006, 15:00:54 pm »

ds is coming up to 7.5 months and is eating 3 solid meals a day he was taking 4 8oz bottles a day, no night feed or df.

over the last week his 11am or 3 pm bottles have started to decrease, some days at both feeds he will only take 4 to 5 oz others only 1 feed is less milk.

is it time for him to drop to 3 bottles, i usually leave the solids for about 1.5 hours after his bottles so he has them about 8.30 am 12.30pm and 4.30pm or should i feed the solids earlier and see if his milk intake increases again.
I am just not sure if the gap between solids and milk is too short or not, he is teething he has his 1st tooth and the 2nd is on the way.

I have noticed that if we are out and i forget at 11am to stop and feed him it can be nearer to 12.30pm but he hasn't cried for it ???

I am a little hesitant to drop a feed too quickly as we are finally getting a 12 hr night stretch and would hate for him to go back to waking up ::)

sorry for the ramble
Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: should i drop a bottle?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 15:23:00 pm »
Emma

I'm no expert on this but what you are describing is just what happened with William and I dropped one of the "middle of the day" bottles.  I guess there's no way of knowing how your little guy woud react to it without actually trying it.. William didnt even notice that the bottle was gone if Im honest and his sleeping didnt change a jot..

Good luck with whatever you decide xxx

H xx

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
Re: should i drop a bottle?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 20:08:50 pm »
Emma,

Definitely sounds like your lo is looking to drop a bottle. 

You could try offering bottles at 7:30 am, 2:30pm and around 6:30pm.  You can also try offering yogurts and cheeses to make up the lost oz of formula.

You can only give it a try and see if it works for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007