Author Topic: 3 month old textbook/angel night question - MORE INFO, sorry  (Read 776 times)

Offline Boys Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 month old textbook/angel night question - MORE INFO, sorry
« on: September 01, 2006, 13:56:45 pm »
How old is your child? 3 mos
What’s his/her daily routine?
E: 7
A
S: 8:30-10
E: 10:15
A
S: 11:30-1:30
E: 1:30
A
S: 3:00-4:00
E: 4:00
A
S: 5:15-6:00
Bath
Play
E: 7:00
To bed
Dream Feed: 10:00
Wake to nurse 3:00
Wake for morning 6:45

What’s nap routine?  Very short, hold him quietly in darkened room 3 minutes, lay in bed, he sucks thumb and goes to sleep on his own.

How long are naps? 45 mins to 3 hours.

What's bedtime routine? Time?  bath, cuddle, to bed, short and sweet, about 7:30

Do you bottle or breastfed??  breastfeed

How much? or how long?   25-45 minutes

If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)  both

How many wakes per night? 2 -- if I dream feed he wakes one other time, no dream feed, waking twice

What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up?  Just long enough to eat

When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry?  Crying

What have you tried to settle??  Yes, but only a bit b/c he is only 3 months and I don't know if he might really need the calories

What do you do for A time and how long is it?  watch a rattle, mobile, walk outside, bath, talk, I read a book

Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? no

Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) no

Do they have a prop? If so what is it? thumb

Do they have a lovie? no

My 3 mo old is a dream.  He does everything by the book, and is happy, content, never fusses unless hungry, sucks his thumb on his own when he gets tired, naps easily 3-4 times a day for a total of about 5-6 hrs of daytime naps.  He is on a 3-4 hour daytime schedule.  Wakes about 7, goes to sleep at night about 8.  At first I was not dream feeding him and he'd go to about 2/3 a.m., wake to nurse and easily go back to sleep until morning.  About 2 weeks ago he started waking twice at night, midnight and 3/4 a.m.  So I started a dream feed at 10.  But he still wakes up about 3 to eat again.  I have tried nursing more often during the day because I thought it was a growth spurt at first, but not sure now that it has been a couple weeks. 

My question is why doesn't he have a longer stretch at night?

The longest is about 5-6 hours, some nights only 4 hrs; it was longer when he was younger.  Also, is it possible that the dream feed is interfering with his night rhythms (whatever they may be)? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 14:52:44 pm by Boys Mom »

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: 3 month old textbook/angel night question - MORE INFO, sorry
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 16:25:31 pm »
Actually, for three months, your DS is doing great! He will start stretching the night sleep longer before too long, but for now he's really doing fabulous.  ;D
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o